When will 5th gen refurbs come out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by starrytales12, Oct 23, 2012.

1. starrytales12 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I know the 5th gen ipod touch was just announced, but does anyone have any speculation about when Apple will start selling refurbs? I'm buying an ipod for the first time and would like to save some money if possible.

Is it likely that the price of the 5th gen will drop, preferably well before the 6th gen is released :D? I'm pretty much clueless about Apple's pricing....

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (I'm new to macrumour so please be nice :))

2. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

probably a year from now, and even if apple would start selling refurbs they would sell out quickly and don't expect like 50% off or $50 off

Your best option for a cheap iPod touch is CL, eBay, Amazon, etc, but still don't expect to find a 5th generation iPod touch for $200 or less and more like $295 or something.

Judging from updates from previous years, apple usually marks down the lastest generation after they introduced the newer generation, but in most cases that only happens after a major refresh/remake and not a simple tweak. :) hope that helps