When will 7.1 realistically get a public release?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Aluminum213, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

The constant safari crashes, glitches, bugs, lag, on an iPad Air none the less make this feel android update but worse

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

4. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

BGR sucks, they needed attention and spread this rumour. It should be by this month end or next month beginning

5. RokkenRock macrumors member

I suggest a system restore if you are encountering constant crashes.

6. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

Luckily I still have the 7.1 beta1 on my ipad air as a non developer.
    Picturing being stuck with 7.0.4 and this glitch every time I do the "5 finger close gesture" would make me wanna return my air.
    Safari crashes so constantly on me though that I switched to chrome for the time being. Very frustrating.
    I really don't see why they need this long to release this batch of important fixes to the public, other than they're holding out with some real fixes like the new calendar in 7.1b2 that we're not aware of yet.. would be welcome!

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

As opposed to this "rumor"? ;)

8. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Judging by earlier iOS updates :) i cant imagine so long 7.1 release just for bugfixes and minor changes. Furthermore, delaying update for iOS integration with cars is a bit stupid knowing that they can release 7.1.x for enabling it ;)

9. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

You do know that b1 expires in about a week? After then, you either have to restore to 7.0.4 or upgrade to 7.1b2 ;) [third option: jailbreak and change the system version.plist so beta 1 won't ever expire]

10. Altis macrumors 68030

If it's March, and we're half way to iOS 8, it will be interesting to see what they do with 8. Will it essentially be 7 that works properly?

I'd be disappointed if they give us more completely useless features when there is much improvement to be done still.

11. ZipZap macrumors 603

7.1 Beta 2 seems stable.

Why not get your UDID registered (about $5) and then install the Beta.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Most of the sites that do that often don't actually do it, and even if they do they can and often do remove it unexpectedly at some point down the line (even soon).

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Do you have a list of current useless features by chance? curious.

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well apples not going to make me wait until march. I think realistically beginning of February.

15. Altis macrumors 68030

Things like parallax (which still needs work too) that doesn't really help anyone, or features like square photos, having apps preload themselves when it expects you to use it (which I have yet to ever see work)... Even air drop is not something that many people seem to even notice.

I just want them to fix the major stuff before focusing on less used/important things. For example, everyone benefits from a UI that actually responds to your touch when you touch it. Or having better battery life... Or not having safari or the music app crash...