When will Apple abandon the headphone jack?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2IS, Jun 8, 2015.

1. 2IS macrumors 68030

Just want to start of by saying it's not something I want them to do, but I was just thinking... There are two things Apple is seemingly obsessed with. Making devices thinner, and plugging up as many holes as possible. Can't help but think that's the next thing to go on iPhone and we will be limited to either lightening capable headphones or Bluetooth. Thoughts?

EDIT: ugh, misspelled abandon and headphone in title. :(

2. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

u must be sickly joking right ? u really have nothing to do just cry why apple has 3.5mm jack??
    here is 4.75mm thick smartphone with normal 3.5mm HP jack perfectly fitted ...

What the hell u been thinking man ?

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Do not think I have ever used the headphone jack as mine are all wireless but I see too many who still use it and me thinks it will be around for a while.

4. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

listening music over bluetooth is really bad quality + drains batt. a LOT.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Fixed it. :)

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sounds fine when you are running and never have any problems with it draining my battery. Maybe you should get yours checked out;)

7. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

I use Koss Porta Pro HPs and am very happy wit them .. I can't have earphones as they falling of from mine ears :p

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I think you may be right, the headphone port is the limiting factor now in making devices thinner. However... there comes a point where the device is thin enough, and the focus switches to extending battery life. I think we hit that point when iOS 9 was announced at WWDC.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Sorry but nothing but the Studio Wireless for me. What ever works for you.

10. rockitdog Suspended

I really don't want my phone any thinner. So we could then have more camera lens sticking out? No Thanks.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

"falling of from mine ears :p"

Maybe clean them?

12. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I can't remember the last time I used wired headphones since I use the Beats Studio Wireless headphones for working out and travel and I use my LG Tone Ultra headphones for the office and conference calls. I think sound quality is excellent and don't have any issues with battery life in regards to that.

13. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

With that being said though, my apple devices are plenty thin. I don't want any more issues with reduced battery life in place of thinness.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Love the Studio Wireless headphones. Use them daily. Even use them to mow the lawn. The sound is outstanding and the ability of these being able to cancel outside noises while mowing the lawn is really a plus. The battery in these headphones last a good while before needing recharging.

I might look a little over "teched" while walking around the neighborhood but the quiet they produce in noisy environments is well worth wearing them!

15. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

And + worse battery ..
    Thinner phone thinner battery so less capacity ..

16. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

no they are not dirty :D they just falling I hate when I have something in ears stucked..

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

That is why I prefer the noise canceling Wireless Studio headphones. I have had many but these are by far the best I have ever used.

18. CEmajr macrumors 601

Been using the LG Tone bluetooth headset. Works great, battery life is still great. Bluetooth is always on with my 6 Plus.

19. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Well seems like I'm missing out as I only use the wired apple headphones with my 6.:D
    I agree it can get in the way a little when running or working out but not to the point where I needed to seek wireless options although the thought of it does sound worthy but I've always figured battery life would be put under major strain:eek: hmm i"ll look into some of the ones mentioned in this thread.

20. Smithwicks macrumors regular

Just picked up a pair of Sony MDR1-ABT. Incredible pair of BT headphones (although they should be at over $300) ;)

21. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

Best headphones I've ever owned. Beats has come a long way.

22. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

23. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Beats may have come a long way, but they're far from being worth it in terms of price. Only reason Apple bought them was for their market penetration.

24. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

+1. for an audiophile (which i am not claiming to be) it's like night and day difference in sound quality. i myself is using a wired sennheiser headphone as oppose to my bluetooth headphone. i am just a normal listener yet i can tell the difference.

25. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

heh thnx
    am kind of audiophile but not mega anymore ..
    but,
    If u see that android phone youtube vid above, it sports very high-quality audio chips type ;
    *Yamaha YSS 205-X
    *ESS 9018 DAC
    *Sabre ES9601
    *Texas Instruments OPA1612
    Having rich of high precision audio options along with these yamaha headphones ....
    http://www.cnet.com/products/yamaha-pro-500/
    Nothing is better on this planet ... for portable music player !