When will Apple finally fix their iOS 7 bugs?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jwolf6589, Jul 1, 2014.

1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I have ben waiting for a long time and still Apple has yet to fix this major bug in the OS that WAS NOT existent on IOS 6.

Open Reminders
    Create a Note
    Click on the I and go to Notes Field
    Type out a long note or better type the following
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K

Try editing the first line and it won't work. Yes I have complained and Apple does not fix this bug.

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

3. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Try it again
    Type so many lines like this

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L

Now trying editing the first line which it does not auto-scroll up and make sit hard to edit the line.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

5. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Wow what a major bug!! :rolleyes:

It works for me as well.

6. solodogg macrumors 6502

Works fine on iPad Air, iPad 4 and iPhone 5s.

7. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

9. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

In the Reminders App in the notes field the bug does exist and even Apple confirmed it. Type out a very long reminders note and one that far exceeds off the screen and one cannot edit AND SEE the text on the earlier lines.

----------

What type of device? I have an iPhone 4S

----------

I think there has been a misunderstanding. This is an email a apple iOs tech sent to engineering.

10. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I just typed out a bunch of random gibberish in the Reminders app. And when I say a bunch, I mean that after dismissing the keyboard, I had to scroll to look at all the characters. I was able to easily go back and edit the top line of text with no issues.

I would personally backup the iPhone, restore through iTunes in DFU mode, then restore as new to see if the issue occurs again. If it does, I don't know what to tell you. If it doesn't, restore your data back and see if it does it again. If not, the OS was corrupt. If it returns, then your backup was/is corrupt and to fix the issue you will have to restore the iPhone as new and keep it that way.

iPhone 5s, 32GB, Verizon. Restored on iOS 7.1 with iPhone 5 backup and updated since then. No issues.

11. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Absurd

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/releasenotes/General/RN-iOSSDK-8.0/

Reminders
    Known Issue
    When you select Edit in a list of reminders and then scroll, reminders in the list are no longer editable.

So I have to wait till iOS 8 which may not work on my 4S??? Thanks Apple.

----------

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/releasenotes/General/RN-iOSSDK-8.0/

Reminders
    Known Issue
    When you select Edit in a list of reminders and then scroll, reminders in the list are no longer editable.

Don't think you are understanding me as even Apple has listed it as a bug.

12. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

Yes, I've seen it on my iPhone 5.

Editing large notes (larger than the display) in Reminders.
    When you try and scroll up to edit the first line, the keyboard drops and so cannot be edited.
    Click on top line to edit, keyboard springs up and scrolls to bottom.
    i guess it would be frustrating if you are using the note function in that way on a iPhone, not so much on iPad, Mac, or icloud.com.

13. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Ok, are we talking about iOS 7 Public Release or iOS 8 Developer Preview? Because I want you to realize that the site you just linked to is for iOS 8 DP 2. In fact, at the top left, it says "iOS Developer Library - Pre-Release". Top center it says "iOS 8 Release Notes" and at the beginning it says "iOS SDK Release Notes for iOS 8 Beta 2". This page has nothing to do with iOS 7.

I would also like to point out that before, you said that this was the issue:

And now the page that you found that you said has the bug listed says:

I never remember you saying anything about clicking the "Edit" button at the top right to edit the list. Also, I still haven't had the issue you originally talked about. Same device as before.

First off, again, different bug then the one you talked about, and two your iPhone will, I repeat WILL run iOS 8. Apple already confirmed it at WWDC, all iDevices with an A5 or better processor are supported by iOS 8.

14. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Yes but it may be super sluggish or slash my battery life.

Why trust apple? They said Mavericks would run on my Mac, but its a bit slower than Snow Leopard (the OS this Mac shipped with).

----------

Strange why no one else understands what I have said, or they do not have the bug. Whats your explanation?

15. chabig macrumors 68040

I, for one, misread your first post and tried it in Notes, where everything works correctly. In Reminders, though, I am able to fully edit long notes (even the first line) so I still don't understand the problem. Select the note. Touch edit. Then scroll to the top to position the insertion point and begin editing.

16. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

There is definitely a bug. iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 5.

The problem is that there is no way to scroll when editing a "note" that's inside a reminder. So if your note goes off the top of the screen, it is impossible to edit any lines that have gone above the top of the screen, unless you delete some lines.

Obviously you'll see this more easily on an iPhone 4, but if the note is long enough it'll happen on a 5 too.

17. chabig macrumors 68040

NOW I see it, wow. That's a lot of hoops to jump through!

18. I7guy macrumors G5

it sems with a Bluetooth keyboard, there is no isue.

19. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Yeah I see what you're saying. Reminders immediately crashed when I tried to edit the first line.

20. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

If they fix it in iOS 8 that will be bad because no doubt that is will run more sluggish on my 4S. This was not a issue at all in iOS 6 or 5.

21. cynics macrumors G3

Weird. I can't really replicate the problem but like yours did my Reminders app crashed when I tried to edit the first line. I restarted it and it edited fine though.

22. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Exact same thing for me. After that it worked without a hitch.

23. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

The example posted by the OP isn't long enough to show the bug on an iPhone 5. Try with about 5 more lines of text.

24. jwolf6589 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I see thanks. Yeah I have a 4S.

25. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Lol wat? Mayor bug? :D
    How often do you really encounter this bug under normal usage? 1x in your life?