Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2006
We have heard many stories about the problems of the new MacBook Pros. When do you think Apple will actually release MBPs with no problems?

dailo

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2006
I'm sure if they are making the effort to stop people from posting all the bad issues about the MBP they are bound to fix the problems. I would hope that the macbooks will not exhibit any of the problems us MBP users are facing. But I think apple has started to look into it if they are sending their legal team to stop people from making the problems public :)

zorg

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Good, because the heat and noise can deter people from getting it, which Appel would not want.

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
The Problem is that SOME MACBOOKS are comming off the production line with TOO MUCH thermal grease and as a result the Heat is being dissapated everywhere into the machine instead of just INTO THE HEATSINK.
THats why when you clean off the old stuff and put on your own in a more moderate fasion... the Heat gets Dissapated off the Processor into the Heatsink Directly, which then gets cooled off by the Fans the way it should.

It seems that it should be an easy fix... just lower the amount of thermal grease that gest applied to the heatsink.
It should be corrected in the next revisions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.