When will apple fix the problem with my MACBOOK PRO NOT WAKING FROM SLEEP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marclapierre13, Apr 20, 2008.

1. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

So many times i open my laptop, and i hear the hardrive spinning up, but my screen is black and unresponsive. I keep praying for apple to fix this on each firmware update, but NO, it seems they have better things to do!
    I have waited long enough, and I am phoning apple tomorrow. I am going to try and request a penryn MBP, vs my current c2d intel 2.2ghz computer. I paid good money, and for me to have to restart the computer every time i want to use it, is ridiculous.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Have you tried actually asking someone with Apple what the deal is instead of waiting for them to address an issue that they may not know about? Do you know if this problem is just with yours or with many others? How do you know it's a firmware problem?

Work the problem. Don't make things worse by guessing. (Yes, had to throw in a movie quote)

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

The Penryns do it too occasionally. Mine does anyway. It doesnt bother me because on a windows machine this problem is much much worse.

4. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Since that firmware update mines woken perfectly every time.

Touch wood it doesn't start again :)

5. f1 macrumors 6502

If your computer is not waking up properly from sleep its an indication of hardware problems, possibly the logic board, i suggest you guys get your computers looked at by a technician.

6. bart rijksen macrumors regular

In the new update, 10.5.3 of leopard. Don't worry, they are working on fixing it, and the wireless issues.

7. winty03 macrumors regular

Question I have noticed that sometimes my mbp doesnt wake up when it falls asleep using my track pad to wake it up...but when I press a key then it does wake up. Is this the sleeping issue or do you normally wake it up pressing a key?

8. f1 macrumors 6502

From my experience Mac Laptops do not respond to trackpad movements while asleep. you need to hit a button for it to wake up

9. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Agree 100% with this. If it responds to the trackpad, then it's not asleep.

10. schradec macrumors newbie

Mine does it time to time...I dont have to restart though as I have one of my corners set to put it to sleep...Just put it back to the corner and then it will usually come back after a try or 2. Still hate it though...

Set on of your active corners to be the sleep corner that way you can probably do it like I do...rarely happens for me though.

11. MacMedic macrumors member

MacMedic

Oddly enough, my windows PC works just fine. Sleeps, wakes, no problems.
    XP also runs just fine on my SR MBP - better than leopard actually. I've gone back to Tiger, and now it wakes properly. It seems to be more a problem with Leopard - 5.2 and/or the graphics update. Apple knows about it, they just keep saying they're working on it.
    Grrr.