When will Apple introduce the new 6G ipods?!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by XheartcoreboyX, Jul 21, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

So i had 3 30 gig vid ipod before..one was dead..2 were sold because of some reasons...now i have a 8gig black ipod nano..and i do want a 30gig black ipod video to play music videos and tv shows and have all the games on it...so is it ok if i buy one now?? or there will be new ipods out there soon?!:rolleyes:

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

The current soonest date rumoured is Aug. 7. Read one or two things on the front page before posting.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

We don't, and can't know. Aug 7th is the rumored date, but things change quickly.......the only thing you can do is wait it out

Or buy one(I suggest the 1st one)

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Have you consulted the Swami?

On a serious note, no on knows for sure when the next iteration of iPods will be released. Rumors have been swirling for an August 7th release but until the 7th, it's exactly that, a rumor.

Attached Files:

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      100.8 KB
      Views:
  5. drugs! macrumors regular

6. drugs! macrumors regular

nevermind, those links were removed... interesting

7. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I'm glad I didn't open that 5.5G I picked up a few weeks ago. Time to get that new 6G!

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

9. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Yeah I noticed that too; was hoping I hadn't imagined it at a late hour. So it was removed.

10. drugs! macrumors regular

Yeah, i still have them open in tabs i used last night. It looks pretty cool and the fact that they were removed solidifies that it will be the look of the new interface. It may have also been removed because it featured an entire beatles catalog.

11. drugs! macrumors regular

oh and to answer the initial post, id wait it out.... Rumors say a new one will come second week of august (which i doubt). I'd bet on the apple marketing machine to unveil details next month and have a release in october simultaneous with Leopard.

12. markiv810 macrumors regular

I have been waiting a long time to upgrade my iPod, I have the really old 1st Generation 10 GB iPod. Have to get an iPod with atleast 20 GB of disk space, and have the ability to play video. What would be a conservative estimate (technical specifications) for the specs for the 6th Generation iPod.

13. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I don't know too much about tech specs in terms of video, but i'd say the low end capacity may remain 30GB or be bumped up to possibly 40GB, the high end being likely 100GB. It's anybody's guess though, but if the recent ThinkSecret story is true, it is possible Apple may not even change the video specs from the current 5th Gen models.