All iPads When will Apple make its own STYLUS?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by coolwater, Nov 11, 2013.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I have been wanting and waiting Apple to make its own stylus since iPhone 3G days. (Yeah, I know what Jobs said about stylus... and I also know many of you don't feel the same need.)

Using and loving iPad every day for the 5th year now, I am really getting tired of using aftermarket styli on my iPads.

I have been boycotting Samsung products over 6 or 7 years because of their horrible and corrupt deeds in their home country. However, I really really envy Samsung's Wacom S-Pen.

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

With the delivery of the iPad Pro, soon to be released. It will be included:p

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's never going to happen so I suggest you just accept that. Apple has designed its tablets and phones with finger touch in mind and do not see a stylus as a viable input device. This is never going to change. Either you get use to it or switch to a brand that caters for your needs.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Also when they put 2GB of RAM in their iPads....

5. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

GoSmart 200 series stylus was the best stylus I ever used. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.

6. redman042 macrumors 68020

I would love Wacom functionality in an iPad too. Was hoping Apple might go this route. Didn't happen. Might not ever happen. They certainly aren't going to slap Wacom's logo on the box, so whatever they do will have to be Apple designed (or aquired) and not in conflict with other patents.

But I'm not interested in Android tablets, so I will stick with third party solutions. The Wacom stylus for iPad is pretty good.

7. Oui macrumors 6502

8. bluespark macrumors 65816

I agree that a stylus would be a great addition. I understand why Jobs was anti-stylus originally -- it was important to create a device that worked perfectly well without one. Now that it's a mature product, though, Apple would do well to recognize that writing with a pen-shaped device has certain advantages over a fingertip. Exploiting those advantages would make for a better product.

9. Wzrd0715 macrumors newbie

If that is your logic iPads would never have been an Apple product, as Jobs specifically quoted that Apple would never develop a tablet. With the Apple patent earlier this year (January) Apple patented a "Captive Stylus", beginning their work to create an Apple stylus. Apple has its way of getting into a specific market a bit later than its competitors, but innovating the product of competitors to perfection.

(Apologies for grammar in advanced, college student running on a few hours of sleep haha :eek: .)

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Also Jobs anti-stylus position made perfect sense in the context of a pocket device like a Palm or iPhone or even the not so pocketable Newton. But when you have 7 or 10" of real estate the practical uses for a (pressure sensitive) stylus are more credible.

----------

Except he was referring to a tablet computer like Windows had with a full bore PC OS & touch screen operated by stylus. The iPad is a tablet reimagined & nothing resembling those of the early 00s. Even after the iPad Job said of the forthcoming hybrid PCs that a computer with a touch screen was stupid.

11. Wzrd0715 macrumors newbie

Exactly. Touch screen tablets were already developed, which Apple in turn innovated to meet the demand of the market.

12. Macalway macrumors 68020

When Hell freezes over

Seriously, if enough third parties start making money with them Apple will start to get interested

13. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

We might as well go for 4GB on the Pro Model. We can hope.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes we can. And a screen with a wider gamut.

Gamut is my new favorite word. :D

15. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Improvements to the screen are always welcomed.

I see FL is cooler today!

16. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

58 degrees here in Dunedin.