When will Apple Maps update?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Jahnsrud, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jahnsrud macrumors newbie

Jahnsrud

Yet another maps thread

During the betas of iOS 6 - the maps were updated once each beta release. When do you think we will see some improvements to Maps?

2. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Surely it should be happening all the time?

I mean, when people report a missing town, Apple should eventually add that town and it should just appear.

3. Jahnsrud thread starter macrumors newbie

Jahnsrud

I suspect that's not right. During the beta, Apple updated everything at once when there were updates. If what you're saying is right, then I wonder why this hasn't been fixed yet: http://www.travelerstoday.com/artic...ublin-airport-iphone-5-funny-alan-shatter.htm

4. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

The maps will be updated server side. Just because something hasnt been fixed yet doesnt mean they are not working on it.

5. joekun macrumors regular

Last Thursday Maps didn't know where Children's Hospital in Los Angeles was. Yesterday I was going to mark and report it, but it had been updated already.

6. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

I know what you mean, but it's like Google Maps, Google don't announce and release a new version of maps, it just gets added/updated?

I seriously hope Apple doesn't wait to release a new 'version' each time with say 5000 changes, but this is the company that still won't put their own apps in their own app store so only updates them once a year if we're lucky...and takes their own website down for the day etc!

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Now Forstall can stand up there and talk about the 200 new features at every WWDC coming to iOS and the 5000 POI they were able to put in the correct location. 5200 things thrown at the iNerds will paralyze them.

"Check this out, it's the most amazing feature yet.....The Jack in the Box is no longer located in a rock quarry! It's the most amazing thing we've ever done. HALF of maps works now!"