iPad Pro When will Apple start selling refurbished 3rd Generation iPad Pro

LovingTeddy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
I am currently using first generation iPad Pro 9.7 and second generation iPad Pro 10.5. I am starting to look at 3rd generation iPad Pros, especially the 11 inch model. I wanted to minimize the cost and keep my existing iPad Pros. Therefore, i typically looking at refurbished iPad Pros.

One question is that at which point of time, Apple starting put refurbished iPad Pros at their refurbished sections?

Many Thanks

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
If I had to guess, I’d say any time now. Usually its between 3-6 months after a product launches, and we’re getting near the 6 month mark for the newer iPad Pros. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was stock available within the next few weeks or a month at most, especially with all the nutters around here returning theirs for “bendgate” problems.

AutomaticApple

macrumors 68020
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
If I had to guess, I’d say any time now. Usually its between 3-6 months after a product launches, and we’re getting near the 6 month mark for the newer iPad Pros. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was stock available within the next few weeks or a month at most, especially with all the nutters around here returning theirs for “bendgate” problems.
If they were having problems with their iPad bending, then I don't think they could be fixed and put up as refurbished.

Reactions: Dopestar

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
If they were having problems with their iPad bending, then I don't think they could be fixed and put up as refurbished.
Enclosures, displays, and buttons in refurb models are not reused. Anything that you can physically touch on the outside of the device has not been used by another person.

Juggar

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2016
Once they fix the issues, thats for sure. Im holding off on buying a new one so Verizon can turnover their stock and hopefully get new units that are likely held to a much higher standard (since the bending stuff).

JPack

macrumors 601
Mar 27, 2017
Enclosures, displays, and buttons in refurb models are not reused. Anything that you can physically touch on the outside of the device has not been used by another person.
Not accurate.

Apple says only the outer case and battery are replaced along with any defective modules.