When will apple stop making 11 mba

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jvmxtra, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

With likes of transformer prime when will apple stop making 11 mba?

If I was buying 11 lappie I would look for cheaper n more versatile solution at this point and I hope that apple will jumpe on it

They need to stop 11 mba and develope tablet + mini lappi solution at cheaper price

2. komoornik macrumors regular

Funniest topic ever.

All I could ask: when apple will stop making MBA 13?

Only the MBA 11 is a truly mobile device.

And if I would want a tablet - I would like something that I could hold in my hands, so basically 7".

3. entatlrg, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

Let me look into my crystal........ Wow!... S&P at 1300 in 2013!

5. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Transformer Prime & the MBA are 2 entirely different animals, it's like comparing Apples and oranges.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

get used to it ... the 11" Air is here for a long run :apple:

7. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

11" Air = best selling Mac , no way its going.

8. Robyr macrumors regular

I'm going to have to call you out on your linked article. Every single point listed by that author is false. ASUS has also released an unlock utility to allow the geeks like myself to fiddle with it. It's surreal how one can act like things that Apple would NEVER even THINK to allow with their devices is counted as a mark against the competition. The Prime is an excellent device.

9. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Are we forgetting that technology changes ever so fast?
    It might have been good selling device last year but going forward, it might not.

Ipod is no longer selling like it used to.. why? cause people have moved on.
    11 inch mba, near future could become useless. Apple needs to continue to move their ball along and not obsessed with their past success.
    In that department, tim cook makes me nervous as he doesn't seem as geek'd up about these tech stuff as steve jobs used to be. Yes he has other people working for him who are those but it's always best if the one who leads is also the most enthusiastic about their product.

10. firewood macrumors 604

The transformer idea was tried around 10 years ago and failed.

11. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I am not saying it has to be something like prime but something different.
    Also 10 years ago, technology wasn't there.

12. linuxcooldude, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Sometimes it takes a while to get it right, like their first generation MacBook Air.

Laptops are outselling desktops right now don't see the need to get rid of the Airs, they will only improve with time. They are getting powerful, light weight with small sizes, things that people are looking for. I have a 15" MacBook Pro unibody that I don't like taking because it is big and heavy. My MacBook Air 11" is a great size for mobile portability.

Now everybody is going to copy that design with the ultraportable pc notebooks.

Probably because their iPhone serves also as an iPod. So I only see mostly teens pre-teens with the iPods.

Don't see that happening any time soon.

Your kidding right?!?

Apple doesn't do cheap, they stick with the premium devices, something that they do best. I hope they never compromise quality for the sake of price, which is why I think they don't do that. But for the prices of MacBook Air and ipads are really good priced compared to similarly based competitors.

Plenty of cheaper versatile options out there, but do people always buy them or happy with them after purchase? Some are a stepping stone to a product such as an iPad or a MacBook Air.

13. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

I hope they never stop making the 11" Macbook Air.

I think it's the laptop I've enjoyed the most so far.

14. McKs macrumors member

ipod is not selling like it used because the iPhone has made it obsolete.
    The iPad however, is not a replacement for the 11" MBA. I have both an iPad and an 11" MBA, and I use my Air way more often than my iPad.
    The iPad would probably suffice for about 90% of what I do on a portable device. But than I get an email with an image attachment that requires some quick Photoshop, or I'll want to write a more elaborate response, and the iPad will annoy me.
    To my kids, both are pretty much toys, and to them the iPad and it's more natural way of interacting with it, is the better toy, so they'll always grab the iPad. Yet if my oldest one needs to write an essay, he'll run upstairs and do it on the iMac.

iPad is a complementary machine. It's strenght lies in the fact that it is not a jack-of-all-trades. It's focused on quick access, impulsive use. To some it will mean an iPad plus iMac is enough. Others will want a little bit more out of a portable. Apple knows this, it is why they introduced the 11" MacBook Air after the original iPad.

15. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I thought that was the 13" Pro, no?