When Will Apple Stores Have IOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AppleRobert, Sep 17, 2013.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I cannot see them loading during the day so perhaps the next day or can they load before stores open?

What happened with prior releases of IOS in Apple stores for devices to be loaded with the update?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you asking about Genius bar updating firmware ?

I'm sure they will have access to it tomorrow.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

They will have it 'in theory' as soon as the rest of the area has it.

I say in theory because it is unlikely they receive a big download file of the software tonight since that would run a risk of staff getting cute and using it before hand. So anything like that would turn up in a day or two. Perhaps with the goods for the floor change for Friday.

So in the meantime they would just have to download it from iTunes like normal users.

4. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

For the staff to support the products and answer questions, I feel hand-on is the best solution. I would be surprised if devices are not loaded with ios 7 for that purpose. I know I will have questions about the new features.

And I feel folks would not mind taking a look at perhaps what they do not own or interested in purchasing. Showing it with IOS 6 is perhaps counter-productive.

Someone here must know the procedure for stores to update their devices based on past experiences.

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

6. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

From past experience I'd expect it to be on the floor Friday morning. Typically the team responsible for rolling out new software to the devices is very small and as such under tight control. Leaks rarely occur, both because of the small team size and the proprietary builds/images pushed out to the store's demo units.

When will the Genius Bar have it downloaded and ready for restorations as needed? That may vary from store to store. Typically new software is downloaded as it becomes publicly available for such tasks.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Nobody really knows. This is the first overhaul of ios. Could appear Thursday or Friday.

8. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

It is a bummer for me personally if devices do not have iOS 7 tomorrow. I was planning to go to a store tomorrow as I have no fast wifi available and the drive there is faster than watching the download trickle to my device.

Another reason to go is to get support for questions. I do have you folks and I am having a sneaky suspicion that the store's staff might be flying by the seat of their pants so to speak somewhat with this release.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't Apple stores usually have WiFi that customers can use, at least maybe by request, especially if you tell them you'd like to upgrade to the latest OS release and don't have a good internet connection anywhere else?

10. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Yes, and I will not be surprised if the store is crowded. I do most of my heavy loading of 1 GB games there as it takes forever elsewhere. It is easily done about one tenth of the total time it would take so the drive is worth it.

But I was hoping for good information there for questions I have afterwards. I know they are trained beforehand but still this is more new to them versus lots of people speaking about IOS 7 in the last month here on this forum.

11. mackandproud macrumors 6502

The local apple store employs some extremely arrogant monkey ass hats, but their wi fi speeds are legit, so I just might download there.

12. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

I called the 800 number support # yesterday afternoon. I asked when iOS 7 will be updated on devices in the store. I got basically a new hired drone on the line and could tell she had no clue what I was talking out.

She said they already were. My friend who works in a mall where there is an Apple store assured me no devices were updated when he stopped by last night. They have no clue when they will be.

I think it poor if devices are not updated the day it is released to the public. People do not want to see IOS 6, they want to see what 7 is all about.

Time will tell I suppose. Maybe they will update today. I was going to go today to ask questions as well. I think the trip would be a waste to tell the truth. I will update the software at my local library.

13. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Sounds familiar. I really detest the geniuses at my local store when it comes to iOS and iDevices, but they quite surprisingly are good with Macs.

Honestly I don't care if the iPhones in store are updated or not. I'm not going anywhere near an Apple Store for at least the next week.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

They may have 5Ses and 5Cs loaded with 7 and will bring them out today to replace the 5s.

15. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I believe tomorrow. Mass update overnight and working by tomorrow.
    Just because hundreds of people will visit tomorrow not understanding whats happened.
    Thats my theory at least.

16. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

17. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Maybe but somehow I doubt it. They gonna close the store for an update on every device that needs to be?

18. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I would think they would want to be ready for the business people coming in saying "I downloaded iOS 7, and all my contacts are gone. I need to make important calls!"

Of course an intelligent business person would either make an IT minion or secretary do it or wait until they get home.

19. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

There's no doubt thats the way its happening