When will Apple update the Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tsurisuto, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Tsurisuto macrumors 6502

What with Apple moving away from White with the new iMac, I was wondering if there has been any speculation about Apple successor to the Mighty Mouse?

Hopefully they get rid of the roller-ball and replace it with some kind of touch technology.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Just paint you mouse silver and your good to go :cool:

3. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Perhaps they will release the mac pro soon, and a new mouse to match the entire series...

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Hopefully they will update the "Mighty" mouse once they have done their homework and research properly and come up with a design that works and doesn't just look good (and even that is debatable). :rolleyes:

5. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

I’m using a Reaper Gaming mouse at the moment so I think the switch over to the mighty mouse is going to be a big step back, shame that they updated the keyboards but not the mouse to go with the new look Mac’s

6. illicium macrumors regular

Roller Ball

I vote KEEP the roller ball, just make it bigger. I like the mouse and the ball and everything, but rolling a BB to control a computer isnt that great. Just make the ball a slight bit bigger in diameter, and I think this would vastly improve the rollerball experience. (not like average trackball size or anything, just slightly bigger)

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Yeah, I like the scroll ball, plus I'd hate having a metal mouse, think how cold it would get on a cold day....

I like the white mouse with the metal keyboard.

8. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

They made the squeeze buttons white.

There's your update.