Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBP*

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
I have a 2014 rMBP 13" which I used extensively on a daily basis. I purchased AC for the sole reason of protection against battery depletion over the coming years.

It's hard for me to tell whether my battery has lost capacity, but I'm sure it has against the original figures when I first got the machine.

My question is, when will AC be willing to replace the battery due to loss of capacity? Is there a percentage? How can I test it?

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
http://www.apple.com/ca/batteries/service-and-recycling/

replacement-heading-macbook.png

Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. Apple offers a battery replacement service for all MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro notebooks with built-in batteries.

coconut battery should give you an idea of its health.

MBP*

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
So anthing less than 80% means a replacement?

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
80% or less with 1000 or fewer charge cycles. Even at 2 years, it's more than 2 charges a day to reach that many cycles so the only REAL question is what the depletion rate is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.