When Will Be The Next MacBook Update?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Darkroom, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

based on the mac rumors buyer's guide, i shouldn't buy a macbook now since i don't really need it. but i'd like to know how long i should assume that i'll be waiting for the next update...

it seems the macbook is usually updated around every 6 months, except for a few times when it wasn't updated for around 9 months. so assuming that this update will also take 9 months, i'll expect to wait until July (it's last update in October to July = 9 months)

what do you think? is there any further evidence about when the macbook will be refreshed? is intel releasing a processor at some point that could reflect a new macbook? what about snow leopard? would apple release a new computer with the release of the new OS? any other thoughts?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There is no evidence of anything other than a bunch of people who can't search that post the same thing over and over. ;)

We've heard nothing, there isn't any evidence of anything, it might be Q1 2010 before they're changed.

3. monkeydancer macrumors newbie

The next update will be minor probably. Probably something like a small bump (processor, HD and maybe ram) and perhaps equipped with the new release of macosx.

I Don't expect a bump in the graphics or aesthetics department.

4. aratio macrumors member

I really want an update in the processor speed for the white macbooks...

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

As usually we have no idea when Apple will update the machines, especially now they have called it quits at any non-Apple conference.

6. MacGeek767 macrumors member

MacGeek767

like what they are doing with the iPhone 3.0, they usually let us know before hand. until they tell us, don't expect a major update anytime soon...

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

jawsome!

:p