When will Best Buy get the new MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacBook08, Oct 15, 2008.

1. MacBook08 macrumors regular

Does anyone have an idea of when Best Buy will be getting the new MacBook?

I noticed that MacMall and MacConnection are already selling them along with the Apple Store, of course, but I need to buy mine at Best Buy because I have a Best Buy credit card.

Tomorrow? The end of the week?

2. captwnder macrumors newbie

I talked to the Apple Rep at my local Best Buy (Greenville SC) and he told me they would have them by this weekend (Friday or Saturday)

3. MacBook08 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Sounds great!:D

4. amotion macrumors newbie

I just called two Best Buys and got completely different responses, haha. Best Buy here in Emeryville, CA says they'll be in on Sunday, while the Best Buy in Dublin, CA says all Best Buy's won't be receiving them until next month as part of a deal with Apple. Hmm. I'm hoping to get the 18 months no interest which ends this Saturday so I hope there is a Best Buy getting them sooner!

5. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Yea, I was shooting for the same thing....(In Tampa)...Im still on the fence on buying a Black Macbook from Amazon...No Tax, 100 rebate, 1279.00 and firewire...

6. amotion macrumors newbie

Any word from the Best Buy stores in Tampa on availability?

7. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Don't worry about that part of it. I've seen an advance copy of next week's ad, and it says they'll have 18 months no interest on any purchase $699 and up all week long.

8. amotion macrumors newbie

Awesome, that sounds great

9. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

Best Buy has had that 18 months no interest deal for atleast the past 2 months. Every once in a while they switch it up and do 24 months no interest, but no matter when you purchase it a best buy your sure to get some type of no interest deal

10. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

Just got back from my local best buy in Carbondale, IL with the 2.4 Ghz Macbook. My buddy that works at the Best Buy was able to find out that they had 4 on hand. I was surprised because this is almost a hick town with 20,000+ college students and i didn't think they would receive them already

WOOO HOOO!!!

This thing is awesome.:D:D

11. ebutka macrumors regular

ebutka

I OPENED OURS TODAY!!! I work at one in Michigan (Novi) and I unboxed the first one today... so nice!!!

12. specialbuddy macrumors member

I went to my bestbuy(Bend, OR)last night and they were opening all kinds of boxes of other things but didn't see any macbooks. They didn't even have the new Nanos or touches. NONE. So who knows when they will get them.

13. egiles macrumors newbie

Just called the two Best Buy stores that are about an hour away from me. I gave each store the SKU numbers for the 2.0 and 2.4GHz Macbooks. First store didn't have the SKU in their system yet. Second store has both models in stock, and they asked if I would like them to hold me one. Well you bet! So I will be picking up a 2.4GHz Macbook in a few hours.

So basically, looks like some Best Buy stores are receiving stock today.

14. yourdream macrumors regular

Do you live in the United States?

15. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

16. egiles macrumors newbie

Yes. Just got back from picking it up-about to open it up and check it out.

17. Dheller2010 macrumors newbie

When will Best Buy get the new 2009/2010 MacBook?

When will Best Buy get the new 2009/2010 MacBook? I have a store credit and I want to use it for a new MacBook.

18. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

The new Macbook is 2.26GHz not 2.4GHz, or did you get the old Macbook (I think it was 2.4)

19. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

As for the people who bit the bullet on the first day of the new models, make sure y'all* report back and let us know if there are any problems.

(*I'm a native Okie, so I'm entitled to say that.)

20. Disarm macrumors member

I was at a BB today and asked (I live in Puerto Rico currently) and they said they will have them by Sunday. I am sure if PR is getting them by Sunday, then most places should have them, or at least i would hope so.

21. britboyj macrumors 6502a

Just and FYI - the 18-24 month promotions for Best Buy cards are usually for everything EXCEPT computers. Computers are usually 6-12.

22. TheImportance macrumors newbie

So they'll be getting them around this week or next week? The person I talked to at Best Buy seemed utterly confused about when they'd get it (or that a new one came out for that matter... :rolleyes: )

23. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

they told me today in store they had the new white macbook at the store ready for purchase but not yet on display till tomorrow..

They did have the new iMac's out which look nice...

And I also got to play around with the new magic mouse which was kinda cool.