When Will Best Buy Have The 4g Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by traxxasthomas, Sep 7, 2010.

1. traxxasthomas macrumors member

Does anybody know when best buy will have the new ipod touch? please help.

2. gta50419 macrumors 6502

i called best buy and they said they don't know.
    probably next week

3. wootwootman macrumors member

same here. i called two and both said next week.

4. 7even macrumors 6502a

Website says ships in 6-10 days. Next week seems about right.

5. pimpp macrumors newbie

i called my local best buy and they said tommorow or thursday:p

6. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

same, just called for the hell of it.. wed or thurs but they don't really know for sure.

7. Plasmolyze macrumors newbie

I called my local bestbuy today and they said they were already sold out. The sales rep also added they would have more tonight. :cool:

8. maus macrumors regular

Lol, sold out? :eek:

9. Cuz03 macrumors member

What best buy people have told you is most likely not accurate. i talked to a worker who has had experience with other apple ipod releases and he says apple doesnt tell them. They just show up some random day on a ups truck. So i think probably wed. to thurs. somewhere in there. Ah apple, u gotta love him.

10. Panther71 macrumors regular

Most associates at BB have no idea exactly when they will receive the new iPods. I was talking to an associate at a local BB and he told me to start calling starting Wednesday until they come in.

11. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

I called two of my local stores on Long Island and was told "Tomorrow", Thursday.

On BestBuy.com, it says "Order Now, Pick Up at Store 9/29".

Hmm...

12. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

here in south jersey it is available, i just ordered it and can pick it up whenever i want

13. I'm 5 ft 8 macrumors regular

I'm 5 ft 8

Sold Out? How many did they have. One ??

14. bjengel macrumors newbie

Just Called My Best Buy

Just for the heck of it, I just called over to my Best Buy (Michigan) and asked them if they got them in yet and they are still saying, all we know is they told us sometime in the next 2 weeks!!!!!! - How can some Best Buy stores have them out for sale today and others have no idea when they will be even coming in.

15. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

Bestbuy in Roanoke VA has the Touchs and the Shuffles - no Nanos.

16. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

in Tampa, one area BB has one shown on the website as in stock available for in store pickup. So go to bestbuy.com and check local store the stock. It's kept up to the hour it seems.

17. AEREC macrumors newbie

18. suchnsuch macrumors newbie

I had went to Best Buy yesterday and the employee told me they would be getting the ipod touches sometime this month or next. I just checked the website and for my local Best Buy(Lubbock, TX) it says Available Now - pickup 09/08/2010. I'm about to go check it out.

19. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Take what the Best Buy employees say with a grain of salt. I mean, when I went to pre-order my Black iPhone 4 I asked them (knowing myself that the White iPhone 4s were being delayed at Apple Stores) if they were still doing White iPhone pre-orders and if they were in fact receiving them. The rep told me that he was completely positive that they would get them on launch day and asked if I wanted to preorder one myself. I would have probably done it, but I knew he was probably mistaken and I'd end up with a useless reservation, so I stuck with my Black iPhone 4 reservation.

They still have yet to receive white iPhones. There have even been customers called over the phone on release day by Best Buy employees telling them they're holding the white iPhone 4s in their hands ready for the customer to come pick up their reservation, yet when the customer arrives they realize that the employee was mistaken.

I figure we know more about the products and their release than they do.

20. suchnsuch macrumors newbie

I just got back from Best Buy and no ipod touches, even though on the website it says it's available today. The employee told me their is no way of knowing when they'll be in, he said it could be tomorrow or even next month:eek: He told me just to be checking everyday around noon.

21. dhlee528 macrumors member

I live in WA

and I can pick up at best buy anytime today!! (only certain stores..)

22. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

i just got mine, wow is it small and light compared to the 1g

23. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Got mine at Best Buy today. They had plenty of the 8GB and 32GB models. I cheaped out and got the 8GB...I hope I don't regret it. Unless individual apps start becoming ginormous, I should be fine.

Too bad they didn't have any cases.

For what it's worth, I'm in Madison, WI. For those who may be in Madison, the eastside BB had them.