When will bigger iPhones come out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macgeek77, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macgeek77 macrumors regular

I've got the money, and i'm all set to purchase my very own iPhone. However, I have too much media to fit on 8 gigs. Does anyone know when bigger iPHones will be coming out? Thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

People here don't know, but my guess is late February/Early March...

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Since no one here is in cahoots with Steve Jobs and Apple (that I know of) - no one can give you a specific date, month, or even time of year.

Apple update some products once a year, some twice, and some more are more than a year between each update.

It will come out when it comes out.

Bare in mind us guys in the UK haven't even received our iPhones yet - nor has France and Germany. Since each country is getting the same hardware, I think it be around May/June of next year before they are updated again.

Unlike with the iPod, people are locked into 12-month contracts, so they won't be able to buy a new one, willy nilly.

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

you can buy a new updated phone at any time, it just has to be reactivated with your service provider. which usually requires another extension of the contract

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

New iPhones will come out 3 Thursdays from 2 Tuesdays after Canadian Thanksgiving Eve, at precisely 11:42am C.S.T.

I also have winning Lotto numbers for the next year if anyone's interested.

6. atthecross macrumors 6502

I hope they never get bigger, the form factor is perfect as it is

;)

7. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

And what was the point in that?!

8. Lartymarf macrumors regular

9. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

yeah, Im dying for the day when an 80GB iPhone comes out. That'll probably be while since they're avoiding the HDD lane. I've got about 35GB of music and would LOVE to have all of it on there and some room left over for movies and videos.

Just out of curiosity... do you think HDD based iPhones would be a good or bad idea?

10. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Bad, very bad.

11. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be surprised if they released something new for the holiday season (mid-to-late November), but all opinions lean towards next spring. Who knows. I do know that everyone loves a new product release right before the holidays though...

12. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

When I read the title of this thread I thought you were referring to the physical size of the phone, which seems like a more interesting question to me then the hard drive size.

Hard drive size increase will happen, it's inevitable ...however when is a question I don't think anyone here will be able to help you with.

I would like to see a bigger iPhone (physical size...up to twice as big ... I wouldn't mind at all... bigger screen and 800 x 600 ? or 1024 x 768? .. would make for much more room to type and edit with the touch keyboard thats for sure. :)

13. aerospace macrumors 6502a

i would pay $250 more for a 5" screen. the internet is ok but eye strain makes extended viewing difficult.