When will Coconut Battery work properly with Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozziegn, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I've heard people say that the program Coconut Battery doesn't give accurate information in Leopard.

for example: I just picked up my new laptop (in my sig below) a few days ago and I've only unplugged it one time. however, Coconut Battery is telling me I have 5 battery load cycles already. it also tells me my MBP is 122 months old. LOL this is obviously not right.

so now I would also like to ask is there any other program that does the same thing as CB but gives accurate results in Leopard? if so, please give a link or two.

2. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem as you with Coconut Battery. I used to use it a lot, but now that it is all out of whack you can't trust it.

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Yup same here. Ever since I upgraded to leopard, shows my battery as having a -1 original capacity.

4. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

"Battery Health Monitor"

Works perfectly with 10.5

:)

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

No, CoconutBattery doesn't play well with Leopard. The problems you've described make that clear, and have been documented in many places.

It's unlikely that anyone here will know when the program will be fully OS X 10.5 compatible. You might consider contacting the developers to ask them. They've probably got a complete list of bugs and other issues, and will be better able to tell you when an update will be available.

6. tngisaga macrumors member

I just checked version tracker and saw that there was an update to coconutbattery. The new version 2.6.1 is compatible with Leopard so I downloaded it, and it's working fine now. It's not giving me weird numbers as it used to.

7. scott9s macrumors member

I'm running 2.6 and had no problems on my new mbp. it just updated to 2.6.1 today. still no problems. it does say my Battery is 7 weeks old which surprises me considering its only a been a week in my hands.