When will Entourage/Mail have full exchange support and why I hate Entourage2008.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by StevenSorvats, Mar 31, 2008.

1. StevenSorvats macrumors newbie

I can't stand Entourage2008!! The exchange support is terrible and to be honest I am really surprised that Apple hasn't addressed this issue as there are a lot of PC users that won't switch to Mac for that reason alone!

I made a list of the 9 things I hate about Entourage2008. Let me know what you guys think...

1 - There are no new added features. Only a different layout.

2 - The 2 finger scroll nearly always (90%) doesn't work in the preview pane of the inbox!

3 - As written above, the exchange support is terrible. When 2 way syncing between blackberry and entourage2008 all messages deleted on blackberry don't delete on entourage but do on outlook. When I send a message from entourage it never shows up on my blackberry but it does show up when I send a message from outlook!!

4 - If you send a support email you get 2 free emails and then have to pay 45dollars (if I remember rightly)!! I emailed them a question about my third point above. The web page crashed, so I sent it again. It crashed a second time and my two free requests are now gone!!

5 - When minimizing entourage sometimes it leaves a part image on the desktop and only goes away when you open another application.

6 - If you send emails off line on the old entourage all you needed to do was connect it to the internet and all the emails in the outbox would send automatically. Now you have to go into the outbox and manually resend each one! When I first started using it several messages went "missing".

7 - I received an email with an attached train timetable. It received on my blackberry, outlook, and was viewable on my web based email program. But it didn't receive on to outlook. So I forwarded the email to myself a second time. Sure enough I now had two copies on my blackberry, outlook and web email, and still nothing on entourage. Keep in mind I checked all my junk folders. So entourage selectively downloads emails!!

8 - the built in junk mail filter is useless!! It can sometimes classify some messages as junk from senders that are in my address book. Keep in mind these are messages that my exchange server didn't even classify as junk!!

9 - it still has those really annoying unpredictable prolonged pauses where you can't do anything for about 30seconds.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Exchange support is one of the reasons (MS Money the other) I still have XP loaded on my MBP. When I travel for work it's the easiest way to get caught up on my email.

4. walnuts macrumors 6502

I think this has to do with microsoft doing away with the MAPI connection and going towards OWA/imap. See posts 11,20, and 22 here.

Essentially, entourage is a fancy portal for OWA.

As for not adding more features, it did add out of office assistant, which OWA already had.

5. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Weird PB Shipping Customs Issue? What does have to do with subject?

Thanks!

Bill......:apple:

6. walnuts macrumors 6502

Sorry- I fixed my original post. No idea how I screwed that up...

7. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Thanks! Now I understand!

Bill.....:apple: