When will frustration end?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TexanApple, Sep 27, 2014.

1. TexanApple macrumors newbie

Long time lurker, first poster cause I'm about to flip my lid.

So, I am really frustrated trying to find an iPhone 6. My wife and I are both wanting to upgrade from our old 4s phones, but she's adamant that we be able to buy from a store, but without long lines. I'm pretty sure that the combination of in-stock phones and no long lines is at this point never going to happen. At least not while I'm young. Or middle aged. Or possibly before I'm carted off to a nursing home at the age of 93.

I'm wondering if any of you have a guess at when it will be that you can walk into an AT&T or Apple store without massive lines and get a phone. Any hope for it on iPhone 6, or should we plan to wait till iPhone 7, 8, or 99?

Just seems to me like Apple could have handled the rollout better.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

What's wrong with ordering online? You'll literally have it in 1-2 weeks with no hassle, and it can always be returned to the store if needed.

To answer your question though, I expect within 1-2 weeks it will be much easier to pick up the normal 6 from stores. I expect a month or more before the 6+ is widely available.

3. TexanApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I hope you're right. After the runaround today, I'm not sure what's more likely - a divorce or just giving up on Apple.

4. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

I ordered a 64gig space gray iphone 6 from apple (for verizon) on Thursday, and it'll be here this coming Thursday (oct. 2). So you may be better off ordering from apple

5. TexanApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Ordering from Apple is a bit of a problem as we're two phones on one AT&T plan. Apple will only let you order 1 phone at a time and requires that you buy a contact when you do. We don't want two contracts, so that's been a dealbreaker.

6. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Lol chill out bro!Now first thing first you should have pre ordered,I know that's not always the case so here goes my advice/story.I just got into iPhones big time around the time the iPhone 5 was released so the 5s was my first launch.I took off work to drive me and my wife an hour away to the apple store in Memphis (saddle creek) I left at around 3:00 AM expecting a line but not like what it was.I was around 75 people back in line and got a card for a 16gb space gray 5s so I was in like flint guaranteed an iPhone.While I was in line another person asked what carrier I use which is H20 (pre-paid) and he said ummmm I don't think they will sell you one so the debate on whether or not I would be able to pay full price for an AT&T phone began.7 hours later I get up to the rope and hand my card to the employee and he said ok come with me and we of to the iMacs and I said that I would be paying cash off contract and after quite a fuss I left saddle creek $800 in hand mad as hell after being turned down and laughed at like a bum because I was using pre paid service.We head back to Jonesboro,Arkansas and go to the mall and go to best buy and by now it's 11 a.m and after another hour wait I get up to the counter and ask if they had any AT&T or t-mo iPhone 5s and sure enough they got one left I was electric up till the checkout process which included the manager and another turn down due to not having an account.I walk over to radio shack and asked if they had any 5s and they said yep I said do you sell them off contract full price and he said well of course if you have the money why would we not sell you one so the total was $760.00 and I got it on launch day so my recommendation is RADIO SHACK idk if you have an account with AT&T and are looking to upgrade or willing to pay full price.

7. Tripzter macrumors newbie

Tripzter

Don't give up hope. :) My wife and I decided to go to the Christiana Apple Store in Delaware today and purchased a VZW device only 128 GB Gold 6. No lines except for reserved. Just walked in, told the associate what we wanted, and it was a done deal.

You can check Apple Store inventory daily using the many available websites, or order online for in-store pickup. When there's a will, there's a way! ;)

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Where in Texas are you? (guessing from your username)

9. Laryl macrumors 6502

Laryl

Have you checked http://idevicechecker.com/ to see what's available locally? I broke down and walked into the local sprint store with the granddaughter and ordered her a 6 on thursday the 18th. It arrived yesterday, so just one week. Many stores have them in stock, but I wanted to go straight to sprint and turn in her 4s for the $200 buyback. :)

10. TexanApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally got the wife to agree to just go ahead and order them. Put our order into AT&T last night. While it's not in our hands this very second, this way was relatively easy and we know we're getting the size/color we want.

Me - iPhone 6 SG 128
    Her - iPhone 6 Sil 64

11. Fozziebear71 macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

You order two phones, separate orders, no problem. You maintain your same plan you presently have.

12. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Divorce? Give up on Apple?

It's just a phone. It won't kill you to be on your "old" 4S for a couple more weeks.

Oh the frustration.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Smart decision to order online. Yeah, it stinks that you have to wait but you get exactly what you want.

14. techiebug macrumors 6502a

15. Laryl macrumors 6502

Laryl

Not sure who this reply is to hehe.. but for me, Sprint has my "old" 4s and I'm stuck using an old flip phone. Yeah it was my choice, but I wanted the $200 buyback credit on my account without worrying about some glitch with that too.. so personally I'm a little frustrated waiting while using a flipphone. hoping for a tracking number in a week, but not holding my breath.