When will I be able to install Flash?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by dimi94941, Jul 25, 2011.

1. dimi94941 macrumors regular

I love Lion. Absolutely love it! But, I read that flash is not Lion ready and I really need to check up some stuff on Google Maps about the areas around some apartments... and I was wondering if anybody knows how much until a stable version of Flash is out for Lion? Because I rather not install it and make my MBP slower etc...

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

I just installed Chrome for whenever I need to view something that uses Flash.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

10.3.181.26 works fine on my MBP. Google maps with street view works fine.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

flash works perfectly fine on Lion...actually it works better than it did in SL...video seems to actually play really well...it was pretty choppy before.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Yeah, I'm also using Chrome for the time being. I'd rather do away with Flash permanently, but until I can keeping it isolated in another app (I use Safari) works OK. Chrome has Flash embedded in the app.

6. dimi94941 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh great, didn't occur to me that Chrome has a built in flash. Thanks guys!

7. miknos Suspended

miknos

In many websites you can simply go to (enable in Safari preferences) Develop/User Agent/Safari iOS iPad. Most websites will play videos directly in h264.

I recommend you to install a plugin for playing videos directly in h264:
    http://www.verticalforest.com/youtube5-extension/

8. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Just install Flash.....

I am running the newest beta on my MacBook Air with ZERO issues (with Safari 5.1)

9. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

I'm using the latest version of Flash out there, the Flash 11 Beta. Haven't noticed any errors or crashes at all. And again Safari isn't leaking memory or any thing like that. :/

Hugh

10. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

You can simply download Flash off Adobe's website. I already have Flash installed before the Lion upgrade and it's still installed.

Chrome does have a built-in Flash player so you don't need the plug-in based Flash if you're not planning to use any other browser.