When will iCloud Photo Library be available on iCloud.com?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Mjmar, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I've switched over my iPhone and iPad to iCloud Photo Library and it's working great. (Although I'm not sure how I've activated it considering both devices are running 8.0.2) But it seems that I am unable to access these photos on my Mac. I noticed that Apple mentioned the ability to view photos in iCloud Photo Library on iCloud.com. Does anyone know when this feature will be available. Also, will I be able to upload photos to iCloud Photo Library through the browser, or will I need to wait for the dedicated photos app that's coming later this year?

2. impaler macrumors 6502

Nobody knows yet - it's been seen at beta.icloud.com in the past, but as of now, it's not there.

3. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

Does anyone know why there is still a toggle to turn on and off photo stream on iOS? Since I have activated iCloud Photo Library can I turn my photo stream off?

4. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I believe when 8.1 is released we should see this Photos Beta go live according to the beta iCloud website.

Attached Files:

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It went live for me today since I an on the beta release of 8.1. However, at this time it appears to only display what is there without the ability to manage the albums or pictures. I was not expecting full iPhoto support until early 2015 but was hoping for the ability to organize my pictures similar to now. I.E. Now I put my pictures into Events and then use Virtual Albums to combine multiple Events in to a Virtual Album (if the event includes some text). Looks like you can put pictures in Albums on the iPad and iPhone and the Albums actually appear to be Virtual because you can add and remove pictures from the Albums but they still stay in the All Pictures Folder. When you delete form there they are then deleted from everywhere.