Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
That

That doesnt mean , Apple's software Team will be dead. They are Working continuously ;)

Apple typically gives their employees the entire Thanksgiving week off, other than the retail and Applecare employees.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I dont think Everyone will be off, thats ridiculous
Sure some operations and other support and retail will be around, but your general engineers working on typical projects will generally be off on the days that the company is off (short of some critical project or deadline perhaps). Fairly typical of most similar companies.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
I don't think Apple has ever released an iOS update during a holiday week. My guess is 9.2 comes out to the public on December 1st or 2nd.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Considering that beta 3 and beta 4 had near identical build numbers, final release will be next week for sure. They could surprise us but don't count on it.

Reactions: gwhizkids

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
It's not like their operations close shop on holidays. They also don't code then ship the beta at the last minute. If the release (whatever it is) is ready, it was done days ago.

Reactions: Makale.Helvetia

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
It's not like their operations close shop on holidays. They also don't code then ship the beta at the last minute. If the release (whatever it is) is ready, it was done days ago.
I'm thinking its ready, the build numbers would indicate that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Certainly operational support is still there but it doesn't mean they'd want to complicate it or risk something not being right and requiring more time to address it because more people are out. Many technology companies have release moratoriums around the holidays for that particular reason.

emilwar

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2015
Hi guys. When do you think ios 9.2 is released. My ios 9.1 is sooooo lagy, so enoying!!!
Will ios 9.2 jailbreak also be presented soon?
Thanks guys
, emilwar

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Three (UK) support, on their blog announcing 'super voice' (VoLTE), recently commented that the update to support it for iPhones should be out by mid-December. Whilst some carrier updates can be released independently of iOS updates, I don't think Three do this often, and seeing as some other Android devices already support it, I think they are waiting for Apple. So I'd expect 9.2 by mid December, unless there's a point update for 9.1...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.