When Will iPhone 8 Battery Cases Come Out?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by IlliniGuy76, Sep 13, 2017.

1. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

Hi All:

I've gotten VERY used to having a battery case (The Apple branded one) for my 6. I would love to have one as soon as possible to when I'm getting the 8. When do Mophie/Incipio etc. usually come out with these battery cases?

Thanks in advance!

2. beardedsteven macrumors newbie

This is my biggest question for the X as well. I need a battery case! I'm a heavy user and my 7 is useless without one.

3. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502a

I like the Apple battery case for its lightning port; one less cord in my life. I don’t care for the bump, but it’s livable.

What I’d really like is a slim leather battery case. No ports, all wireless. With Apple adopting Qi, I don’t see why not.

4. bigmanofds macrumors newbie

bigmanofds

I have a 7 with a smart battery case also and I love it. I’m to the point of never buying another iPhone without an Apple smart battery case.

5. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

I don't think one's coming soon. Plus, the design has to be redesigned because it's more likely that the camera, now being vertical, will interfere with the bump.

Edit: LMAO I again misread the title, I thought we were talking about iPhone X

6. vbctv macrumors 6502

vbctv

You would think that the 7 battery case will fit the 8 since Apple lists most cases as 7/8. But apple doesn't list it as compatible. But I plan on trying it anyways as the size difference is only 0.1mm - 0.3mm depending on place of phone. So it should fit, but don't think they will make any new ones because of glass back, Wireless Charging and it always got a bad review. But I love my 7 Apple Smart Battery Case also.

7. mous94410 macrumors 6502

mous94410

I hope that someone with the iPhone 7 battery case test if it’s compatible with the iPhone 8. If yes, I will switch my iPhone 7 plus with that.

8. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

I'm also waiting on this. I can see apple not actually releasing one as it would prevent wireless charging from functioning.

9. IlliniGuy76 thread starter macrumors regular

Why would Apple not manufacture a product that they could sell & make huge margins on if all the consumer needs to do is take the phone out of a protective covering to charge? Of course they will - they're Apple & they'll get as much money as they can from the consumers who love their products.

10. goofy810 macrumors regular

I have the case for my 7 And it keeps breaking I will not be buying one ever again