When Will iPhone Lines Peak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flow39, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

For years, ever since the original iPhone, people have camped out. And, every year, the lines just get bigger and bigger. I thought the lines would peak with the iPhone 4, but then the 4s came out and there were even more people in line for that. The I thought the lines for the 4s would be the biggest, but then the lines for the 5 were even bigger. Then the lines for the 5s were even bigger, and I seriously thought that the lines couldn't get any bigger. Then the iPhone 6/6+ came out and the lines for those were massive. Will the same trend happen for the 6s/6s+? How much longer can the lines grow before they "peak" and start to shrink?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Though, spec-wise, I think this year the update will be more significant than last year's, I think we'll see shorter lines this year, or perhaps comparable, but I don't think they'll be longer.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I do not think that the 6S will generate the lines that the 6 and 6+ did. That was one of Apple biggest upgrades ever and many people jumped on the 6 bandwagon. A year later we are on the edge of the 6S and 6S+ introduction. I think many will hold off because they are still under their 2 year contract.

Not saying the new phones will not sell well, but there should be less pressure for demand IF Apple produces them in sufficient quantities. Just give me a grey/black 128gb 6+ and I will be happy.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are probably plenty of people with 5s phones who couldn't quite upgrade last year and would be looking to do it this year, as is often the case with the 2 year contract crowd.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Plenty . . . Like I said it will see but it will be hard to beat the upgrade numbers of people who moved to the 6 and 6+. There will also be people who have the money and upgrade every year.

Time will tell but the most important factor for the introduction will be Apple's supply of devices in the flavor you want.

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Apple is doomed!!!

And now that we're over that, I do not believe the iPhone has reached a plateau yet, so the lines will likely grow a a few more years to come.