when will ipod touch get a flash plugin?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mac-Millionz, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Mac-Millionz macrumors newbie

i know its been debated ..on several threads..is there any updates on, if and when a flash will be included on one of these updates...?

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Oh yeah, there are actually many updates which the people in the other "several threads" have decided not to talk about. Good thing you're here to keep the topic fresh!

3. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Flash will come to the iPod Touch in 2012 - when the aliens from the X-files will invade the Earth.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. From everything we know, the iPod's and the iPhone's hardware are too weak for proper Flash support and since the Flash Player is a virtual machine, it would violate Apple's ridiculous license terms for the iPhone SDK anyway. (Guess why there still are no condoned Java or Python implementations for the iPhone. If you want Python, you have to jailbreak your device.)

Furthermore, Flash would be a competition to Apple's own video stuff, and they would lose control over how people can access online media. Imagine that!

4. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

If you just want to play flash videos then you can get it now if you jailbreak.

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

either:
    1) when its released for iPhone, and/or 2)apple and adobe decide to actually make an effort

6. Chrscool8 macrumors newbie

Yeah, it's awesome. It's called iMobileCinema and it can play flash videos from all the major online video sites.

7. patriot1776 macrumors newbie

No Flash or Java

Gee, and here I thought Apple products were SO MUCH BETTER than PCs.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I am surrounded by smug-faced Mac-addicts who think they're SO COOL because THEY have a Mac. Sorry, bubs, you just paid a TON more money for something that a way cheaper PC could do just the same, if not better and faster.

But I know - y'all want to look cool.

I guess the joke's on me, though, since I bought an iTouch for the great screen resolution so I can watch videos. My mobile pc smartphone just doesn't have the screen rez that the iTouch does. WHICH ISN'T a problem with the PC platform, just a problem with the crappy smartphone manufacturer.

8. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

You're funny, the old "its all about looks" argument. I like you *sexy wink*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no one has even a decent flash program for their mobile OSs. It takes Apple AND Adobe to create mobile Safari flash, but they really don't like each other, so it could be a while.