Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Well i live on the east coast and im planning on buying (if it comes out) the new iPod. Now because it's 3 hours later than the west and the Beat Goes on meeting is happening at 10am there 1pm here. Im just wondering when will the new iPod be available to buy at my local apple store since i have no clue how long the keynote is gonna last. Do you guys?

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Well i live on the east coast and im planning on buying (if it comes out) the new iPod. Now because it's 3 hours later than the west and the Beat Goes on meeting is happening at 10am there 1pm here. Im just wondering when will the new iPod be available to buy at my local apple store since i have no clue how long the keynote is gonna last. Do you guys?

I'm in the same boat. Curious to know if the stores will 'keep these in the back' until after the keynote is over...

Anyone have any experience with this?

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Newly announced products aren't usually available from retail stores the day they're announced. You'll have to wait at least until tomorrow probably or Thursday.

Darn.

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
Yea, 24 to 48 hours when they will be available. They wouldn't hold off until the end of the school promo either. That would just be dumb, cause when the announcement comes, no one will buy an old one.

Funny story... I was in the Apple store on Saturday and a girl and her boyfriend were in there just to get an ipod nano. Ya, they bought it. I was like, you would think Apple would tell them to hold off a couple days cause something better is coming out. But I guess it's all about the sale. That and it amazes me how people don't know when certain things are coming out. I wanted to yell out so bad in the store that new iPods were coming. Would of been funny. :D

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Newly announced products aren't usually available from retail stores the day they're announced. You'll have to wait at least until tomorrow probably or Thursday.

Darn.

Hey! Tomorrow IS Thursday! :p I guess that means less of a wait!

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Yea, 24 to 48 hours when they will be available. They wouldn't hold off until the end of the school promo either. That would just be dumb, cause when the announcement comes, no one will buy an old one.

Funny story... I was in the Apple store on Saturday and a girl and her boyfriend were in there just to get an ipod nano. Ya, they bought it. I was like, you would think Apple would tell them to hold off a couple days cause something better is coming out. But I guess it's all about the sale. That and it amazes me how people don't know when certain things are coming out. I wanted to yell out so bad in the store that new iPods were coming. Would of been funny. :D

I guess I shouldn't've bought a 30 GB iPod with our iMac on the 28th, but it was an exchange anyway (the iMac had a dead pixel and we forgot to get the iPod and printer anyway.)

However, I'm not sure if the new iPods will be eligible for it, because the promotion only applies to distinct model numbers.

Hey! Tomorrow IS Thursday! I guess that means less of a wait!

Oops. I meant Friday. I'm having some problems remembering the date after Labor Day.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

Darn.

I have bought MANY Apple products the day announcement. The last being the new iMac, iWork and iLife

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Oops. I meant Friday. I'm having some problems remembering the date after Labor Day.

I do like these short weeks with a holiday in them!! :D

I think the new iPods will be in :apple: Stores today and other retail outlets later this week.

Must not go to the mall this afternoon...
Must not go to the mall this afternoon...

How about a late lunch? Let's just go to the mall!!!!

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
I guess I shouldn't've bought a 30 GB iPod with our iMac on the 28th, but it was an exchange anyway (the iMac had a dead pixel and we forgot to get the iPod and printer anyway.)

However, I'm not sure if the new iPods will be eligible for it, because the promotion only applies to distinct model numbers.

Well, I took advantage of a free iPod too by buying a new MacBook. I mean, I'm sure people will still take that deal cause they are free. The new ones will not be part of the promotion cause of the model numbers. 2 hours away!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.