Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobras7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
I was wondering, I have to order my Iphone today (well tomorrow at 12:00 AM) because i couldn't on the 3rd. When do you think it will arrive? I was hoping before this weekend because i'm going to an event and wanted to test out the camera, but now it might not make it in time! What day do you think it will arrive and how log does the activation take?
Thanks!

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Instead of everyone guessing a date, how about you wait until you order to see what delivery date is on your receipt.

I can guess friday, but honestly, my guess means nothing.

P.S.
The iPhone will be in stock on Thursday morning (7am) at many Apple and Verizon locations, so if you don't want to risk ordering online, make a reservation and go pick it up on Thursday to guarantee that you will have it by this weekend.

cobras7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
Sorry I was asking a question i wanted answered before i ordered it next time i'll think about it...NOT.
I didn't ask for you to judge my question so next time just answer it and when the pre order was the fastest selling I'm not waking up at 5 just to stand in line with hundreds of other people.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Sorry I was asking a question i wanted answered before i ordered it next time i'll think about it...NOT.
I didn't ask for you to judge my question so next time just answer it and when the pre order was the fastest selling I'm not waking up at 5 just to stand in line with hundreds of other people.
Lol.
Instead of everyone guessing a date, how about you wait until you order to see what delivery date is on your receipt.

I can guess friday, but honestly, my guess means nothing.

P.S.
The iPhone will be in stock on Thursday morning (7am) at many Apple and Verizon locations, so if you don't want to risk ordering online, make a reservation and go pick it up on Thursday to guarantee that you will have it by this weekend.
+1 :p

nanna24

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
Michigan
I was wondering, I have to order my Iphone today (well tomorrow at 12:00 AM) because i couldn't on the 3rd. When do you think it will arrive? I was hoping before this weekend because i'm going to an event and wanted to test out the camera, but now it might not make it in time! What day do you think it will arrive and how log does the activation take?
Thanks!
I pre-ordered mine on the 3rd with overnight delivery and didn't get it until the 7th. If that's any indication. Once your phone is shipped and you have tracking information, it will indicate the delivery date. Order early or be prepared to stand in a long line at the retail outlets.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

Should have stopped there buddy.

ace198

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Verizon ships overnight so you could get the iPhone Thursday at the earliest. Definitely by Friday.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Verizon ships overnight so you could get the iPhone Thursday at the earliest. Definitely by Friday.

They ship overnight if order received by 8AM EST that same business day for iPhones. Otherwise they ship overnight the next business day which ends up being 2 business days from date of order.

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
They ship overnight if order received by 8AM EST that same business day for iPhones. Otherwise they ship overnight the next business day which ends up being 2 business days from date of order.

So sounds like ordering at 3:00 EST on the 9th would get the phone shipped same day, Wednesday, for delivery on Thursday? I was wondering if there would be any restrictions on Verizon's free overnight shipping they usually do for the iPhone.

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
Should have stopped there buddy.

Why should he have stopped at saying sorry? He was asking a question, related to the iPhone, in an Apple forum, more specifically a sub-forum for iPhone questions. Maybe somebody called Verizon and asked about shipping, and could have answered the question for him?

It's really sad how quick people are to jump at other people, and be completely rude. There is no need to be mean on a forum. Way too many people think it's the way to go.

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
And....
in answer to the second part, I received mine at 9:30 Monday and had a case on it, activated and tweaked by 10:00. I'm a long time Verizon customer and very familiar with iOS. There is an upgrade to iOS to perform and I suggest waiting until overnight to do it because it takes a couple hours.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
There is an upgrade to iOS to perform and I suggest waiting until overnight to do it because it takes a couple hours.

The update shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes, though this will vary based on the individuals internet connection.

The iPhone 4's OS is generally 600mb+ and on my Comcast High Speed (12Mbps), that takes about 5 minutes to download and another 5 or so minutes to update. Again, usage will vary by minutes, not hours.

squaros

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
why should he have stopped at saying sorry? He was asking a question, related to the iphone, in an apple forum, more specifically a sub-forum for iphone questions. Maybe somebody called verizon and asked about shipping, and could have answered the question for him?

It's really sad how quick people are to jump at other people, and be completely rude. There is no need to be mean on a forum. Way too many people think it's the way to go.

+1 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.