When will jailbreakers from different provider be able to use iphone 4g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jess127, May 27, 2010.

1. jess127 macrumors member

I am really anxious for the new iphone 4g to come out because i have had the very first iphone for almost 2 years and i was going to get the 3gs but i found out the 4g was coming out so i have been waiting since then and its almost here!!!

however i dont have ATT and was wondering how long until other providers will be able to take advantage of the iphone 4g [=

anyone else has this question?

2. anthdci macrumors 6502a

it shouldnt be too long after, we believe the clever people who release the jailbreaks and unlocks are sitting on some hacks that they believe will work with the new hardware. But they will need to try their hacks out with the hardware before making it public, so it wont be straight away. If youve had a contract for so long why dont you just get a AT&T contract with the new iphone and not worry about it?

3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

software-wise it will probably be shortly after 4.0 and the new phone is released. I read somewhere that the new iphone will have the micro sim like the iPad but I think people figured out how to cut their sim cards already and use those, so I guess that wont be a problem either.

4. jess127 thread starter macrumors member

Because I pay unlimited talk/message/internet for 64 dollars... now please tell me when in hell would i pay that with ATT hahahaha....:D

I figured it wouldn't be long... anyways I can't wait =]

5. jess127 thread starter macrumors member

That's great to know. I read about the sim cards and I was a little worried.. thought they would hack the sim cards but I guess we'll have to trim them...

as long as there's a way I am excited...

Anyone else with Iphones outside ATT?