When Will Latest Leopard Be Available to All Developers?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacD, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MacD macrumors member

I didn't make WWDC, but I am a member of the Apple Developers Network (the pay level) and curious if anyone knew when the latest build would be available to download from the Developers Site?

2. yagran macrumors 6502a

In the keynote he said its only available to those who attended to wwdc. sucks dont it!

3. MacD thread starter macrumors member

Yes, that does cramp my style. OH well. Saved my money for an iPhone! :)

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't remember SJ say that, but even if he did it's not true. You'll see that if you go to the developer site the leopard early start kit is available to select and premiere developers.

5. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Agreed. The MacRumors coverage confused people, and nobody who was writing the feed here remembers hearing it or transcribing it... attributing that particular line to a guy at MacSlash who was helping out. Likely an accident or misinterpretation.

If you watch the keynote itself, you probably will notice it wasn't said. I tried to watch the keynote to confirm this rumor, and couldn't hear SJ say it.

There will just be a delay, probably on the order of a month, before the seed becomes available to the rest of ADC.

6. MacD thread starter macrumors member

I watched the Keynote and didn't notice it myself, he did say it was available today to WWDC attendee's and to go back to some table, but that was it.

The Leopard Early start kit has been around for almost a year, that is nothing new. You can go and download Leopard versions, just not the latest version given out at WWDC.

7. firefoxnx macrumors member

firefoxnx

Why did he say that?

He clearly said "no other developers will get this except for developers who attended WWDC"

It could mean that Apple will not release 9A466 to all of ADC.

8. firefoxnx macrumors member

firefoxnx

Nope still 9A410

I checked. Its still 9A410 and not 9A466 (preview from WWDC 2007).

9. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

You wouldn't happen to know /when/ in the keynote he said this, so we can confirm?

10. MacD thread starter macrumors member

He talks about the availability of the release to developers at 1 hour and 4 minutes into the keynote, BUT... makes no mention that it was for WWDC attendee's only, unless he says that elsewhere.

11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I just searched through the keynote video... I'm pretty confident he made no such comment.

12. Alloye macrumors 6502a

My guess - based on past experience - is that 9A466 will be included in next month's mailing and even newer builds will begin to appear on the ADC site shortly after that. As the release date draws near, expect seeds to become more and more frequent.