When will Macbook Pros come in colours?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Squirrelflight, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Squirrelflight macrumors regular

Any news?
    I've had my Macbook Pro for 74 months - 6 years and I want to get one of the new ones.

I was so excited when I saw Macs came in some colours now, only to be disappointed upon learning the colour ones are only 12inches and Macbook Pro hasn't got any yet. It seems weird they wouldn't do this for the pros!

Any news on Macbook pros coming in colour?

2. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I'd take a new MacBook Pro full stop right now. Tired of waiting! But colours would be cool too, plus I'm certain we're overdue another shade of space grey :)

3. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Maybe this year... the MBP line has not been updated since Apple introduced the rMB in color... Apple clearly won't introduce color variants for a product line that long in the tooth. Let's see what this year's MacBook Pro looks like.

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Very nearly true. The current 15" rMBP was actually introduced exactly one month after the rMB.

But I, too, think there's a pretty good chance we'll see at least some colours in the next few months for the MacBook Pro line.

5. Branflaakes macrumors 6502

Isn't like... every other color option for the Macbook and iPhones more popular than standard Silver.. LOL. I think I saw some statistics like a month or two ago.

6. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

I've a preference for the black bezel on the iPhone/iPad, so that means the black/slate/space grey phone for me. I'm fine with that. I briefly entertained the thought of replacing my aging MBP with the rMB, but was not interested in the gold or rose gold version - and only moderately so with the space grey model. Not sure I want a gold or 'pink' MacBook. Ever.

I'm fine with the silver/stock color. IMO, all of these special colors are fads that will pass. Just my opinion.

7. Branflaakes macrumors 6502

Haha, to each their own. The way I see it, and how it is Apple's culture to encompass art into their tech decisions, it's be a no brainer to include different choices of colors in their products. Kinda like the first iMac that made Apple truly relevant again after the leaving (and returning) of Jobs. I personally go to college in Manhattan, and gosh almost everyone here in college owns a Macbook, and if you look into a Starbucks or Gregory's Coffee for the true hippies(haha), everyone is rocking fashion and dare I say pretend to do actual work as opposed to liking the atmosphere and aesthetic of sitting in a coffee shop believing it boosts productivity. These are the people Apple is positioning itself to market to, because these are the ones who love creativity, aesthetics, and diversification. Out of all rMBs or iPhone 6s's ive seen, I can honestly say I have not seen a Silver model. God I hate NYC sometimes.

8. Schranke macrumors 6502a

Schranke

I would love to see how a product red MBP would look like

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe the color selection you have for the retina MacBook will be extended down to the MacBook Pro line. So I fully expect to see a pink laptop being offered, among the space gray and silver.

I don't think we'll see other colors however.

10. wegster, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016

wegster macrumors 6502

Actually, maintaining multiple SKUs and variants tends to reduce profit and complicates supply chain and warehouse mgmt, so - not really a 'no brainer.' IF it nets more overall profit, sure - but that's not a foregone conclusion. Working in tech, I've seen very few rose gold Apple devices, even in the marketing dept. I'd be up for space grey, otherwise - use skins and be done with it.

Lol - I might change it to "because these are the ones pretending to be creative, while basically being posers, and 'different, yet just like everyone else..'", but indeed, Apple's marketing does include that crowd (not exclusively or Apple would go broke), along with others.

11. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Wish Apple would drop "Pink" and offer a true Rose Gold as the current offering is !@#$%^& awful...

Subjectively speaking that is :)

Q-6

12. huckg macrumors member

I don't like the idea of color choices for the Macbook Pro, it cheapens the product. It's a tool for professionals and enthusiasts and not a toy. Also it's an institution as is evident by all the activity while waiting for it to be updated so having it one color is in line with that.

Make it black or space grey to change it from the previous version but keep it one color only. Ideally an exclusive color.

13. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I'm going to buy a maxed out 15 inch in pink to show off my creativity.

14. Branflaakes macrumors 6502

Oh god yes. This was what I was alluding to but I didn't want to word it too bluntly because I don't know how this forum would reach to such statement. I'm pretty new here. Those people annoy me. They also tend to visit art museums on the weekends and take pictures with "deep" captions, and take pictures of the new food craze like Eggloo in Chinatown half a year back.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 28, 2016 ---
    Oh I also quoted wrongly, the middle section of what I quoted is actually what I wrote:
    Yeah this is true, but one cannot forego any positives in this. On purely looking at supply chain logistics and cost, then yes manufacturing different color variants would increase cost. However there are benefits such as luring customers that might otherwise not buy an iPhone or Macbook that cannot be accounted for because they are not quantitative. In my computer science courses in college, I have not seen a rose gold or even gold Macbook. I've seen Macbook Pros, and quite a few Surface Pro 4's. In my French course(I hate French class), chemistry courses, biology, and liberal arts courses, I've seen a plethora of Macbooks with different colors LOL. What I was saying was based on the Macbook line alone, I have not seen anyone with a silver Macbook. I've seen silver iphone 6 and 6s's, but I've not seen one college student use a silver Macbook LOL.

15. jerryk macrumors 68040