When Will MB/P be available in stores

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Coldkill3, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Coldkill3 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I was wondering when the updated Macbook Pros (the 15") be available to buy in stores like bestbuy or the apple store its self?? I am asking because I would prefer to finance my macbook pro via bestbuy because I can't afford to give a lump sum payment at the moment. Any idea as to how long it takes for updates to show up in store??

2. Lipstick macrumors member

My nearest Apple store and Best Buy already has them on display. Most likely your locals as well.

3. Nasty Roo macrumors member

My local BB and Apple Store have the new models in stock as well.

4. Coldkill3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, thank you, excellent =) I am purchasing mine in the Chicago Land Area. Any idea as to whether the back to school promotion applies at bestbuy as well?? I mean, will they price match the difference with an apple store, and can I purchase an ipod and still receive a refund. Or is this option only available via apple?

5. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Only through Apple.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

There was a thread on here that Best Buy is matching apples deal w/o the mail in rebate but your have to mention it.

7. cni2i macrumors member

Yeah. And it really depends on each retail store/manager if they will honor Apple's student/educator program. It's really a hit and miss situation.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Here. The answer is, there has been limited reports of it working, but also reports of users not being able to get it matched. Store to store is the easiest way to describe it.

See above, but it's not a "price match." Rather, it is a special store manager deal. Also, remember you get a free printer from Apple.