When will mine com in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tylerww7, Sep 26, 2007.

1. tylerww7 macrumors member

if i order my iphone tomorrow before noon and get overnight shipping will it come in friday, thanks

2. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

3. tylerww7 thread starter macrumors member

4. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

No worries, hope it helps.

5. sJv macrumors regular

I don't think so - they ship from Shanghai, China. I would look for it monday or tuesday.

-steve

6. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

So are you telling me apple USA holds no stock of iPhones in the USA?!:confused:

7. sJv macrumors regular

In general, no. Holding inventory costs money. It's all just in time manufacturing, baby! There are exceptions, like the 4GB iPods that appeared to be warehoused in Memphis, but that is probably due to them being discontinued.

While I have bought quite a few things from the Apple online store, I have yet to order anything with overnight delivery (I find standard shipping to be pretty fast considering). For all I know, Apple does keep some stock in the US to satisfy overnight delivery. I'd be curious to hear other's experience here.

-steve

8. designimbus macrumors newbie

I don't know about new iPhones, but I bought a refurbished one a couple weeks ago and it shipped from CA. I ordered it on a tuesday late at night and I got it on Thursday, so effectively it was an overnight delivery.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Get a refurbished one and save $50 bucks. Comes with the same warranty. Eligible for Applecare as well.

9. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Did it come standard FedEx ground shipping?
    I ordered on Sunday. It is now Wednesday and I still don't have mine (coming from CA to PA).

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I'd imagine at this point your phone will ship from within USA. Good chance at least. If you can, I'd order tonight, with overnight shipping, to give you a better shot at Friday. If it did end up coming from China, they'll refund your expedited shipping charges, since it isn't overnight service then.

11. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I don't think they'd refund it if it wasn't overnight. Unless I'm wrong, you are paying for overnight shipping. It might take a day or two for Apple to ship it.

12. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

I got a refurbished iPhone and it shipped from Sacramento, CA. I'm in Ohio and ordered it on a Friday afternoon and would've received it on Wednesday had the Fedex driver been able to find my street. What does your tracking say? I'd expect you'd get it no later than Friday.

13. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I payed for an overnight on a keyboard and it came two days late, not only did they refund the delivery charge but they gave me the keyboard for free!! Totally unexpected.

I know this is a bit of an extreme example, and they wont give you a phone for free, but they do refund delivery if it is not on time.