When will most stores sell-out the 3g iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Switz213, Jun 14, 2008.

?

How long?

1. Under 24 Hours

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Under 1 Week

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Under 2 Weeks

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. One Month

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. They won't

40 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. Switz213 macrumors 6502

When do you think they will sell out?

Personally, I think Apple is usually good with big releases and preparing stock so I doubt they will sell-out for a bit, if at all.
    I'd say around 2 Weeks, but if you try hard enough you will still find stores around you, whether it is AT&T or Apple....

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They sell out when v3 iPhone is getting ready to be released. Next year sometime. :cool:

3. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I bet they will sell out opening night in some big stores like they did last year.

4. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Personally I don't think there will be any shortages, for us here in the UK anyway, we don't get that mass hysteria thing like in the states. Yeah a few people might camp out/queue up for it, but nothing on the scale as the Americans.

5. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

It is going to depend on where you live. Here in Orlando, especially at my AT&T store which is right at the exit of our largest highway, we WILL sell out. The Apple store in the mall will sell out as well. People here start camping out for black friday like 2-3 days in advance! These are also the people that started camping out overnight and 2 days in advance for an IKEA opening! LOL Thats how passionate people are here, or younger kids that want to be first or have nothing else better to do LOL Places in NY I believe may sell out as well.
    If you live in a slower area, they may never sell out, but I can pretty much guarantee a sell out here in my area due to the population and history of previous releases (of anything, not just iphones).

6. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

Well I know a ton of people who are getting one now - they've just now been compelled to do so - now they 'really want one'...I can see this running dry like Nintendo Wii in a week or two...

7. aerospace macrumors 6502a

It might be impossible to sell out.

Imagine theres a line of 100 people(not out of the question for New York for instance), and it takes a minimum of 10-15minutes to activate their phone. Add picking your plan, credit check, and paperwork your looking at 20-30mins per person to finish. Unless they have an army they might be busy from open to close and not have sold out thier stock.

...note to self, bring iphone v1 fully charged, will be long wait. lmao

8. kanon14 macrumors regular

kanon14

LOL how true. I agree with you that it won't sell out in most stores for that reason

9. joshisradd macrumors newbie

I think that IF they do sell out it will be in the first 24 hours. If not Apple will keep stores stocked up.

10. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

11. Switz213 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah. In big towns Apple will stock up and most people won't want to wait so long for the activation...
    hmmmm that really complicates things. I wasn't planning on camping out, heck I won't even be anywhere near an Apple store. I'll be away for about a month before I even have the chance to get one. Ehh, not really upset. I'm on Sprint now, but am probably going to switch over.