When will my card be charged for pre ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cadburystwirl, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Cadburystwirl macrumors newbie

Not on there yet. At least I would feel better if it said pending. Ordered thru apple too last Friday. Weird.

2. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

Debit card or credit card? I ordered with a debit card and it did the same thing. No final charge yet, but I do have a UPS tracking number I found by Tracking by Reference.

3. Cadburystwirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Visa credit card. I don't have a tracking number either. But got the email from apple after I ordered saying thanku and the device I ordered.

4. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

Probable $ hold on funds but not finally charged to card until shipped or picked up in most cases.

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Is a delivery date specified on the email?

6. Cadburystwirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes says oct 1 to oct 6.. But that's not ups tracking.. I never pre ordered before. Usually went to the store months after its been out..

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

My guess is the charge will hit closer to the ship date.

8. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

mine actually just vanished from pending today (kinda weird)

9. Cadburystwirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Totally hope so. Lol. I know it's been ordered. Usually after you charge stuff it goes right onto the account. Just will say pending. That's why I had the freak out..

----------

Does it say sale now? Or just nothing?

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Generally your card is charged when the phone ships. Sometimes you may see a $1.00 charge on your card before then, this is just a test to ensure your account is real.

Eclipse01 I've had that happen to me before, and it meant that the phone was moving from one thing to another. Such as from "Pending" to "Preparing to ship" or from "Preparing to Ship" to "Shipping". It sometime takes a while for the notification to appear, and if you check in the window you may see nothing.

11. Airrwicckk macrumors newbie

Mine did the same thing. Amount went back into my account.

12. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

yup, I was charged now

13. Bazilemac macrumors regular

I was charged and then it fell off my debit card. to make matters worse, that card got stolen so I had to cancel. so what are they going to charge???!

14. anthonyfellows macrumors member

The auth went away for me, and no final charge yet. But Fedex tracking number says my phone is in the city that I live in and scheduled to be delivered by 8PM on Friday.

15. Bazilemac macrumors regular

FREE iPhone.. you better hurry up and cancel that card and get a new one sent out

16. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Your card should have been charged at the moment of purchase regardless of Debit or credit. Credit card is almost instant. But hey if still not charged, Free phone!:D:eek::cool:

17. Odyseey macrumors newbie

as explained in another thread, AT&T didnt successfully cancel my original order, so now I have 1 from AT&T and one from Apple both shipped today, both deliver tomorrow, but funny thing is both pending charges are gone from my credit card now. I wonder which one of them will hit me for the full price . lol

18. Cadburystwirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Update!! Just checked cc account. Says pending now. Yay. :):)

19. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

Card no doubt preauthorized for the full amount from the outset. That authorization code will thus be honoured by your financial institution despite whatever happened after the transaction.

20. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

Still no charge showing up on my Huntington account. Apple has it listed as shipped and tracking shows it en route.

21. Bazilemac macrumors regular

Okay thank