Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cadburystwirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Not on there yet. At least I would feel better if it said pending. Ordered thru apple too last Friday. Weird.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Debit card or credit card? I ordered with a debit card and it did the same thing. No final charge yet, but I do have a UPS tracking number I found by Tracking by Reference.

Cadburystwirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Visa credit card. I don't have a tracking number either. But got the email from apple after I ordered saying thanku and the device I ordered.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Generally your card is charged when the phone ships. Sometimes you may see a $1.00 charge on your card before then, this is just a test to ensure your account is real.

Eclipse01 I've had that happen to me before, and it meant that the phone was moving from one thing to another. Such as from "Pending" to "Preparing to ship" or from "Preparing to Ship" to "Shipping". It sometime takes a while for the notification to appear, and if you check in the window you may see nothing.

Bazilemac

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
I was charged and then it fell off my debit card. to make matters worse, that card got stolen so I had to cancel. so what are they going to charge???!

Bazilemac

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
The auth went away for me, and no final charge yet. But Fedex tracking number says my phone is in the city that I live in and scheduled to be delivered by 8PM on Friday.
FREE iPhone.. you better hurry up and cancel that card and get a new one sent out

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Your card should have been charged at the moment of purchase regardless of Debit or credit. Credit card is almost instant. But hey if still not charged, Free phone!:D:eek::cool:

Odyseey

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
as explained in another thread, AT&T didnt successfully cancel my original order, so now I have 1 from AT&T and one from Apple both shipped today, both deliver tomorrow, but funny thing is both pending charges are gone from my credit card now. I wonder which one of them will hit me for the full price . lol

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I was charged and then it fell off my debit card. to make matters worse, that card got stolen so I had to cancel. so what are they going to charge???!

Card no doubt preauthorized for the full amount from the outset. That authorization code will thus be honoured by your financial institution despite whatever happened after the transaction.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Still no charge showing up on my Huntington account. Apple has it listed as shipped and tracking shows it en route.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.