Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FuNyuN

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
I'm confused by the tracking info provided via Fedex for my MBP. I received a tracking # yesterday (Monday) at 10PM. It says my MBP shipped at 10AM Tuesday which makes sense because China is 10 hours ahead of me due to the timezone difference. But where I'm confused it it tells me it will be delivered by 10:30AM Thursday. Now does that really me 10:30PM Wednesday due to the time difference? When I change the time zones on Fedex's page it doesn't affect the arrival time. If it matters, I paid the extra money for 2-3 day shipping.

I need to know this so I know which day to be home and wait for the delivery. Thanks for any help.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
I'm confused by the tracking info provided via Fedex for my MBP. I received a tracking # yesterday (Monday) at 10PM. It says my MBP shipped at 10AM Tuesday which makes sense because China is 10 hours ahead of me due to the timezone difference. But where I'm confused it it tells me it will be delivered by 10:30AM Thursday. Now does that really me 10:30PM Wednesday due to the time difference? When I change the time zones on Fedex's page it doesn't affect the arrival time. If it matters, I paid the extra money for 2-3 day shipping.

I need to know this so I know which day to be home and wait for the delivery. Thanks for any help.

Anything related to time is always local time. It was shipped at 10am Tuesday local time from China and will be delivered by 10:30AM local time wherever you live.

jeffsaha

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
I would think this would also depend on where you are located. I am in Socal, so that would be a direct shot from China and I got it yesterday (Mon Oct 28). Fedex got the shipping label that previous Friday (Oct 25) and I opted for the free shipping also.

FuNyuN

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Anything related to time is always local time. It was shipped at 10am Tuesday local time from China and will be delivered by 10:30AM local time wherever you live.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I would think this would also depend on where you are located. I am in Socal, so that would be a direct shot from China and I got it yesterday (Mon Oct 28). Fedex got the shipping label that previous Friday (Oct 25) and I opted for the free shipping also.

I'm in Ohio (USA)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.