When will new models be available for ordering?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ahostmadsen, May 25, 2017.

1. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

Let's assume (we cannot know for sure) that Apple announces update MBPs on June 5. When do you think (guess) they will be made available for ordering? It seems to me that since this is (probably) a minor update, the pattern from the past is that will be made available the next day. Or...?

I have some computer funds that I need to spend before June 30, so I'm running against the clock.

2. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Minor updates are usually available for order immediately...shipping may be slightly delayed depending on upgrades and models.

3. Mr. Dee macrumors 65816

Mr. Dee

See an explanation here:
    Definitely wait until WWDC to buy a new MacBook Pro

Bottom line, if you want to get the best bang for your bucks, wait a month or two. Sometimes, announcements doesn't mean same day or next week availability. If you need a Mac now because your current model is too slow, dead or the money is burning a hole in your pocket, buy the 2016, return it before 14 day grace period then get the new model.

4. asoksevil, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017

asoksevil macrumors 6502

Minor updates are usually right away available.

5. raqball macrumors 65816

raqball

Like zedsdead said minor refreshes like the one that's rumored are usually available same day at local Apple stores. Could this be different? Sure so I guess we will have to wait and see...

6. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

They'll be here when they get here.
    Really, who do you expect is going to be able to give a definitive answer?

7. MrGuder macrumors 68020

Who? An Apple rep (not a store rep) who goes incognito...you'd be surprised who posts here and is watching and replying...all undercover.

8. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Interesting that it still says "new" on Apple, but we're gonna go all the way to WWDC with it saying that on the website and have an update on the Pros??? which I don't know if that's happened before.

9. fokmik macrumors 68000

I also notice this last week, and everyday i check and still "new"
    Never happened before. Maybe they will delete new starting ffrom Monday and let it for a week

10. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

Your fund availability until June 30th is fortunate. If new MBPs are announced at WWDC, it will be only a minor update, and may be available soon after. I do not think there will be anything major due to the likely focus on iOS 11 and new iPad models.