When will newly announced Macs be available to order?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gazpacho, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Gazpacho macrumors newbie

2. detz macrumors 65816

3. Gazpacho thread starter macrumors newbie

I read elsewhere on this site that there are updated iMacs expected to be announced at Macworld. My question is how much time there usually is between such an announcement and the availibilaty of a product.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Usually some amount of time between five minutes and six months. Really. Why not just wait five days and find out? Nobody here will be able to tell you.

5. Gazpacho thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just that I orderder a Mac - and am thinking of cancelling it. I'm not sure, because I really need a new system. I might be able to hold out a few weeks, waiting longer than a month is not an option.

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I heard it's gonna be out during Macworld in January....So it's within the first week of january I believe.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

There's no promise of any new macs at macworld. If the machine that you ordered is sufficient for your needs, then get that. If a new one is released and the old ones are put on clearance, call them up and they'll return the price difference.

8. Gazpacho thread starter macrumors newbie

Will that be in Europe too, you think?

9. Gazpacho thread starter macrumors newbie

It's sufficient for my needs, but I like to do some casual gaming so I'd prefer a bette GPU.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

They all ship from China, so any time lapse between locations will come from minor shipping time differences.

11. Gazpacho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I think I'm going to follow the Buyers guide on this site and cancel my order.