When will next generation macbook pro (2011) be released?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shore.lee, Nov 18, 2010.

1. shore.lee, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

shore.lee macrumors newbie

My macbook late-2007 is recently dead due to spilled water. Switching back to PC is really a pain in the neck, although MS Win7 is rather a next-to-perfection OS for me. :D So the idea of buying a Macbook Pro 13/15 is burning me inside out. I have a few questions to consult with you guys:

1. When will next-gen MBP released? Nobody would like to find their brand new gadget out-dated a few weeks after purchase.

2. Is it wise to buy it now, considering the up coming X-mas discounts?

I know to certain extend that these are stupid questions, which maybe nobody knows other than Apple people. But I really have to ask, right? Thanks in advance.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

1. Q1/2011

2. Depends on your needs, maybe the current generation does more than suffice your computational needs.

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.
    And this gets asked a lot, there are hundreds of threads about this.

3. aleni macrumors 68020

i would probably hold on buying MBP right now. i hope they don't include the optical disc in the next MBP revision so it will become thinner, or at least more battery life.

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i can see more battery life, but they sort of need the MBP's OD.. it sucks i know,, but the pro is for like burning DVD's and all and in our current gen. we still need DVD's a bit longer.. but once again apple is releasing their app store for the mac OS so actually anything is possible!

5. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

if you like windows 7 why don't you just get a pc?

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

7. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

going form what apple OC said.
    they typically release the MBP's in a 10 month cycleish.. so feb should be the date? unless of course intel messes up or apple cant fit anything or something horrible goes wrong...who knows..