When will next version of iPhone 4 be released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stewartsdsu, Sep 14, 2010.

1. stewartsdsu macrumors newbie

Hi guys! I have an iPhone 3GS and want to buy a new iPhone 4. But I'm thinking that Apple will probably release a new version of the 4 fairly soon to fix the speaker issue. Does anyone know when the next version iPhone 4 will be released? Thanks!

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

3. stewartsdsu thread starter macrumors newbie

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Wait... speaker issue?

Please, enlighten me.

The iPhone 5 will be out in June/July 2011.

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

:confused:

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

There is no reason to expect a "new" iPhone 4. Just wait for iPhone 5, which is where the June/July 2011 comes from. Or get the iPhone 4 now and if you actually experience the antenna issue where you live, buy a decent case for it. Just keep in mind that the vast majority of people don't have any problems with theirs.

7. xraytech macrumors 68020

When will the next version of this thread be posted?

8. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

You know, how the left bottom speaker has been broken on every iPhone

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Why should Apple release a new iPhone sooner than their usual June/July release date??? :confused::rolleyes:

10. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Because of the 'speaker issue', of course.

11. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

So what? My iPhone has the same issue, and I live with it just fine.

12. Razeus macrumors 601

13. detroit1 macrumors regular

14. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Speaker issue?!

There was some concern over a signal issue at launch which has been laid to rest after apple realised the number of reports they had received were smaller than they anticipated and that in general the signal was better than the 3GS.

Im not aware of a speaker issue though, unless this is actually a troll thread whereby the troll in question was in such a rabid apple hating rage when he typed it that he put speaker rather than antenna :D :rolleyes:

15. azhava macrumors regular

Within minutes, most likely.....along with the next "When is Verizon getting the iPhone" and "Can I buy an unlocked iPhone in the U.S.?" threads.

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

the new version will be out in June/July 2011.:)

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

BUT BUT BUT, I thought we were getting the new iPhone 4.5 on October 1st, because the free case program ends on Sept 30th, I thought it all made sense and everyone knew that.

18. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I heard it was 9/31. It will be called the iPhone 4.5. All the problems will be fixed on this day. Yea!! :eek:

19. scottnj1966 macrumors member

Your kidding about a speaker issue, right?

20. IamHermann0069 macrumors member

IamHermann0069

You forgot to mention...

The "I'm taking Apple (multi-billion dollar corporation) to court, because I, the consumer (worth a total of $32,000 a year +$1,000 in savings) was unhappy with a product that Apple must have FORCED me to purchase, even though Apple has a great return policy, and I actually think this will make a difference!" thread.

Or.....
    The "what size iPhone should I get?" thread.

Or my personal favorite...
    The "Apple lied to us about the glass. I threw my iPhone 4 out the window of my car while going 80mph on the interstate, and it fell off the overpass that I was on, causing it to be rn over by several semi trucks, and there is a crack in the glass!" thread.

21. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

It won't unless they give one to everyone who bought the original, so no.

22. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

For the love of god i hope you're a troll. Thats not a speaker its a mic.

23. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I think he was being sarcastic. At least that's the way I would respond after reading what the OP said.

24. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

LOL. That's why the free case program expires Sept 30th. No ending financial Q stuff either. Apple gave people plenty of time to turn in a phone they did not like. The 3 week online wait will continue until Jan. Possibly going to 4 weeks in Dec. at&t is getting the majority of the phones to lock in as many before Dec 31st. Sure you can do that at an Apple store. Then why can I walk into an at&t Brick and Mortar and find a phone, but not at my Apple store unless I luck out and get one of the two they received that day.

Can't reserve one any longer either, interesting, "it's more fair" to run every day at opening to see if you luck out?

The White CDMA phone has the Rev B. It will be incorporated into the GSM phone, and both colors will magically appear in Jan 2011 in Black and White. Of course you will only be interested in the White Hype.

iOS 4.2 will be announced the end of Nov with the Face Time iPad and White CDMA iPhone 4 available for order in 2 weeks, shipping in Jan.:apple:

25. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Please, not input from Disney. :apple: