Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
when do you think the iPhone X reviews will drop this week, for the verge, Engadget etc etc ?

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Like any new Star Wars film, the iPhone X is pretty much critic-proof. The Nintendo Switch got mediocre reviews and I still couldn't find one for seven months until just recently. I generally watch reviews instead of reading them. I no longer read Anandtech. I find them well-detailed but biased.

We will get the same "best iPhone ever made" superlatives which applies to every iPhone every year during any new honeymoon phase. Any new phone in another new year will get that. The reviewers are like the HYPE machines to keep their jobs and create narratives like news journalists. Narratives and debates, that's all there is to generate views, likes, subscribers, ad$.

The Verge is good but only for their cinematography. Sometimes I can't stand their boring reviewers. Still looking forward to Michael Fisher's review. One of the few honest reviewers out there. MKBHD and PhoneBuff are actually Android guys. Zack from JerryRigEverything, Krystal Key and SuperSaf's camera comparisons and PhoneBuff's speed tests are also videos I want to watch.

radiozoop

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2016
Like any new Star Wars film, the iPhone X is pretty much critic-proof. The Nintendo Switch got mediocre reviews and I still couldn't find one for seven months until just recently. I generally watch reviews instead of reading them. I no longer read Anandtech. I find them well-detailed but biased.

We will get the same "best iPhone ever made" superlatives which applies to every iPhone every year during any new honeymoon phase. Any new phone in another new year will get that. The reviewers are like the HYPE machines to keep their jobs and create narratives like news journalists. Narratives and debates, that's all there is to generate views, likes, subscribers, ad$.

The Verge is good but only for their cinematography. Sometimes I can't stand their boring reviewers. Still looking forward to Michael Fisher's review. One of the few honest reviewers out there. MKBHD and PhoneBuff are actually Android guys. Zack from JerryRigEverything, Krystal Key and SuperSaf's camera comparisons and PhoneBuff's speed tests are also videos I want to watch.

Which is crazy, because the Switch is awesome. If I had more time I wouldn't be constantly on mine.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
My guess would be sometime Wednesday. I don’t think reviews will come out on Halloween.

Reactions: rawCpoppa

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So who is the most unbiased?

That's Somewhat difficult to differentiate which are unbiased. They all have their different view points and opinions, I guess which makes it interesting to read or watch the videos based on different perspectives.

Reactions: Statusnone88

southflguy

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
when do you think the iPhone X reviews will drop this week, for the verge, Engadget etc etc ?

It will probably go something like this:

9.5/10

Pros:

Gorgeous Screen
Lightning Fast
Long Battery Life
Animojis are Fun!
Best implementation of iOS 11

Cons:

No home button will take some getting used to
Face ID doesn't unlock at certain angles
Love it or hate it: the notch can get in the way sometimes

Reactions: BrianSoCal

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
It will probably go something like this:

9.5/10

Pros:

Gorgeous Screen
Lightning Fast
Long Battery Life
Animojis are Fun!
Best implementation of iOS 11

Cons:

No home button will take some getting used to
Face ID doesn't unlock at certain angles
Love it or hate it: the notch can get in the way sometimes

Price and availability will be in the con list as well.

Reactions: southflguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.