When will power support be in stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Toadsworth, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Toadsworth macrumors newbie

Does anyone have an estimate of when power support films will be available at apple stores?

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm wondering the same thing. The website says that they're starting to ship orders today, so I would think that they'd end up in stores within a couple of weeks. Hopefully, my order ships today.

3. Pared macrumors 65816

Apple won't be stocking screen protectors in stores anymore. There was a huge article on this.

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Was there a reason given? It's not a big deal since they're widely available elsewhere but I'd be curious to know why they won't be stocking them anymore. We all know the screen isn't scratch-proof, so I don't understand why they won't carry protectors.

5. Pared macrumors 65816

It was something like they believe it makes their screens look of lesser quality than they really are or something similar.

It was about customer perception more than anything. Selling shields indicates they need protection.

6. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I didn't even notice that the OP said Apple stores. They will surely show up in places like Best Buy in a matter of weeks.

7. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I read the same, but the Pasadena Apple store still sells the PowerSupport for ipod touch. I learned about PowerSupport from the Apple store so if they lose their placement in the stores that would be too bad.

8. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I think Apple is not selling screen protectors for the new devices, starting with the iPad. Something about their screens are so great they don't need protection (right).

9. mr21 macrumors newbie

Got Mine Today

I picked one up at the Burbank Power Support store. I paid an extra $2 to have them put it on my phone and it looks GREAT ! very pleased, I was using the SGP Ultra Crystal which is not bad at all.IMO there is a difference. :D

10. automatickyle macrumors regular

Could you put some pics up for everyone? Thanks.

11. ddavid macrumors regular

I asked about this recently and was told that was incorrect. I also noticed PS films for 3Gs and touch in stock...

12. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Ditto. I'd like to see a side-by-side of the PS vs. the SGP.

13. Branskins macrumors 65816

They still carry ones for the 3G and 3GS, but everyone keeps saying that they won't sell ones for any later products. Probably marketing to show that their screens don't need them?

Either way, I beg to differ, so I ordered mine online!

I would also love to see pictures of them! I hope mine comes tomorrow or Thursday!