When will Pre-signature be available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolnwo, Sep 17, 2014.

1. coolnwo macrumors member

So they can potentially leave the phone if I have to step away during the day on Friday??

I don't see it anywhere on the website.

2. davefromca macrumors 6502

Who is your carrier? I have a fedex one saved just in case. Just keep in mind that absolves them of all liability...

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I really wouldn't recommend pre-signing for the device. Have it held at your nearest FedEx or UPS (whichever way it's coming) facility. If something were to "happen" to your phone you are pretty much screwed. Plus everyone and their brother knows the iPhone is launching on the 19th so I wouldn't want a package laying on my door step that has already been signed for.

4. davefromca macrumors 6502

Fedex will not hold orders on launch day...

5. akhilleus macrumors member

I think it depends on who it's being shipped through. It probably would have been a better bet to get pickup at one of the UPS or FedEx stores in this event, but it's probably a little late for that now. See if it's an option but I can't imagine it would be.

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Well that sucks, hopefully he has UPS then because UPS will hold them.

7. davefromca macrumors 6502

Ya you are telling me. I had the same problem for the 5 release, wish i could use ups, sounds like they are holding orders.

8. coolnwo thread starter macrumors member

I plan on not leaving for that long. I need it in cade

9. Pspressart macrumors regular

My house is in a very quiet neighborhood. I have presigned for all sorts of stuff, including two iPhones. You would have to come up on my porch to even see any packages. There is no obvious reason to someone on the street to know that I would be getting the iPhone.

10. accountforit macrumors 6502a

You don't need anything special.

You can leave something as simple as a signed note at the door (with tracking number) and they will leave the package.