When will redesigned MacBooks come out?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Red Sox, Sep 24, 2007.

?

When?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2007.
  1. October 2007

    13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. November 2007

    8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. December 2007

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. January 2008

    11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  5. February 2008

    1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. March 2008

    2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Q2 2008

    1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Q3 2008

    1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Q4 2008

    1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Red Sox macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2007
    #1
    Let's guess when it will come out.

    EDIT: Lets make it the release date, not the announcement date.
     
  2. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

    Tumeg101

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    Location:
    Orange County, California
    #2
    here is my theory, that I thought of (if someone else posted this, sorry, I didn't read it...)


    My theory, is that if apple released leopard in late October, but not the updated MacBook, everyone waiting for leopard to make the purchase of there MacBook, will then purchase there MB, then a few weeks later (at most a month), they update the MacBooks... you know how mad that would make people? and then if they did this, not many will buy the new macbooks, because most people already bought them when leopard was released...
    If they don't update leopard with the announcement\release of leopard... They will at least have to say they are updating them, or something... because that would be a major letdown....
     
  3. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

    ricgnzlzcr

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    #3
    I'm hoping around mid-november. That's when my macbook will be 1 year old and I want to sell a week or so early so that the warranty will give it some resell value. This computer has more than enough power for me but I can't take the sharp edges and miss the aluminum design of my 12" powerbook
     
  4. Flintstone macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Derby, UK
    #4
    As many people are, I am waiting for Leopard to get my Macbook (my first Mac!:cool:), hope the new ones come at that time. Though for me, a refresh would be acceptable. I am hoping a least for a supedrive in all models, so I can get the bottom model. Less profit for Apple, but you can get a really good spec Windows laptop for £500, so £830 is very steep.
    I think October may be a bit early, if they wait until Macworld they will get lots of people getting Leopard, holiday buying season and then buying the new Macbook next year = lots of profit! Hope I am wrong!
    On a side point, if the new ones do not come out, do the white Macbooks still have the yellowing issue as this is really starting to worry me. I really want a Mac, but if it starts to discolour pretty quickly it may be enough to turn me back to a PC :eek:
     
  5. Drile macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2005
    #5
    I agree with what was said above.

    There was just a huge spree with BTS, and when Leopard comes out there will be another spree.

    I don't forsee anything major with the Macbooks in the immediate time after Leopard besides maybe the sub-notebook.
     
  6. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
  7. teflon macrumors 6502a

    teflon

    Joined:
    May 28, 2007
    #7
    I doubt that 1 week left on the warranty would boost much of the resell value, if at all.
     
  8. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    #8
    Untrue! This means the warranty could still be extended.
     
  9. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

    ricgnzlzcr

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2005
    #9
    Oh I know it's insignificant in terms of what's left, but that means that the person buying it has the option to extend the warranty if they so choose. If I were buying someone's notebook I'd like to know I could at least still add a warranty. It's not so much that it would add in any way to the amount I'd receive for the notebook it's that there might be more people interested since they can still extend it.
     
  10. Pressure macrumors 68040

    Pressure

    Joined:
    May 30, 2006
    Location:
    Denmark
    #10
    If he manages to receive it within the week as well as buy AppleCare Protection Plan (which also has to ship) and then activate it.
     

Share This Page