Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
I keep checking the refurb store and the retina MacBook is not even listed in the category tab on the left. When do folks expect this to happen?

lite426

macrumors regular
May 24, 2013
I keep checking the refurb store and the retina MacBook is not even listed in the category tab on the left. When do folks expect this to happen?

It's funny you're met with these sarcastic responses, but when someone asks when a new MacBook will be released it's taken seriously.

Reactions: SSD-GUY and mtneer

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
It's funny you're met with these sarcastic responses, but when someone asks when a new MacBook will be released it's taken seriously.

Haha.. you gotta be thick-skinned around these forums!

It's been close to 6 months since the rMB showed up new, and the holiday gifting season is around the corner. I am keen on checking out a refurb rMB. I hope Apple puts this up soon.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Tbh, It would be nice to see it roll out this year, but I just have a sneaking suspicion that we'll not see it until 2016.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2013
I have been wondering this myself for some time and I too keep checking.

There could be a few things at play. People are really happy with the macbook. It's built so well it has few returns due to failure. It's very hard to grub because of how it's constructed to be so small. I'm not sure what else but I thought we might see new Macbook refurbs already by now.

I think I'll wait till sky lake arrives to macbook to take the plunge.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
I have been wondering this myself for some time and I too keep checking.

There could be a few things at play. People are really happy with the macbook. It's built so well it has few returns due to failure. It's very hard to grub because of how it's constructed to be so small. I'm not sure what else but I thought we might see new Macbook refurbs already by now.

I think I'll wait till sky lake arrives to macbook to take the plunge.

Yeah, either that or Apple is holding back to not undercut its own new rMB's with refurbs. They may open up the spigot once the refreshed rMB with Skylake shows up when the older Broadwell refurbs will no longer be sold as new.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I believe the MacBook may be more popular that first thought. I got lucky, ordered immediately and got mine, but at work we are still waiting for the company MB's to arrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.