When will refurbs become available?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shenfrey, May 6, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I don't mind how long the wait is, it's just whenever I buy an product new from Apple it has always had problems, I guess I'm just unlucky - well I know I am - and have OCD. Replaced iPad, and replaced iPhones. (First iPhone clicky screen, second iPhone sleep wake button didn't work) and now I have had to take my Apple watch in for a replacement because of an issue, I just can't deal anymore lol. Whenever I buy refurbished it's always perfect.

So how long do you think the wait will be? I'm willing to hang on a couple of years at least :)

2. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

It couldn't possibly be too long. Just imagine the number of people who have already returned their watches for another size. I say this because I almost did the same thing. I just got my 38mm today and decided I should have gotten the 42mm (177mm wrist, 61mm width). I don't have an Apple Store within close proximity, so I had to go off videos and photos, which as has been mentioned 100 times, REALLY don't accurately portray what the watch looks like in 3 dimensions. The pictures I've taken of my 38mm watch look perfect, but when I look at it in reality, it is a little small.

I've decided to sell mine on eBay instead to make a little profit to cover the cost of the 42mm watch I'll buy at a markup. (Who says scalpers are bad? I'm happy someone will sell me one so I don't have to wait till July).

I'd imagine the refurbs will start piling in real soon.

EDIT: In retrospect, it might actually be quite a while. I've realized if they make available refurbished units, it could cannibalize their new, full price units. I could see them keeping these things off the market for a while until sales start to slow.

3. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

I'll just hang on :)