When will rMBP have a Touch Screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Oct 30, 2013.

1. marc55, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Only kidding. I was at Best Buy this morning looking at computers, and I learned a few things:

1. I compared a rMBP with a MBP, and the Retina Screen is really-really nice. I also restarted both computers and the rMBP with its SSD only took seconds to restart VS the MBP with the HDD which took noticeably longer. Take away-my next computer will have an SSD!

2. I looked at multiple PCs, and some of them were also pretty nice, and fairly well made, but none appeared to have the overall build quality of the MBP.

3. Several of the PCs had the Touch Screen with windows 8.1, and the Touch Screen experience was really cool, and 8.1 appeared to work well. However, to play with a Touch Screen at a store is one thing, in actuality I'm not sure I'd like using it all the time. Holding a tablet relatively close and opening Apps, and swiping is great for a tablet, but having to hold your arm up while reaching across a keyboard just doesn't seem like something I'd to do for long periods of time, especially when I have a keyboard and touch pad much closer. Take away- I'm not too interested in a computer with a touch screen, and I guess Apple has already figured that out.

Just thought I'd pass along some tidbits of information in my quest for a new PC or rMBP

2. ZestyOne macrumors member

ZestyOne

The title of this post terrified me. I'm glad you were joking :eek:

3. Warrenn macrumors newbie

Guess one has to be at least as strong as Arnold Schwarzenegger to use touchscreen computer all day long at work :p

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

the topic has been beaten to death in these forums multiple times. A search will show lots of debate

It would require lots of changes to the OS to be able to do this.

how long could you use a touch screen that's an arm length away? ouch

5. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

i was in a shop recently looking at brand new windows computers and they already looked old compared to my 2009 macbook pro

6. Alexjones macrumors 6502

When will rMBP have a Touch Screen?

When they invent no calorie pizza

7. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

If I could, while using my rMBP in regular fashion touch the screen and use it like that on occasion, I would like it a lot.

I would not be so quick to dismiss it, I bet it comes eventually....