when will rotten apple fix the crashing ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Nov 8, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

Arrr this thing is pissing me the hell off. Keeps crashing and for some reason its not loading the web page when it shows I have full bars sometimes wtf. Its not the touch its apple bc my first touch did the same thing. When will apple fix the crashing ? Or is this something that will never be done.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Things can never be perfect. I'm sure that apple does a lot of bug testing to make sure that things run as smoothly as possible, but there will always be small bumps here and there. That is why the iPhone and iPod touch have regular software updates to address some of these issues. I use my iPhone all the time and very rarely have any problems with it. I just compare my iPhone to other similar devices, and I would rather have a smooth pretty interface that occasionally crashes, than a clunky ugly interface that doesn't crash, but is a pain on my eyes. :D

3. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

4. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Dont have any problems with mine. How much stuff do you have loaded on the thing? I don't think anyone can say for sure how stable some of these 3rd party apps really are and what they may do the the system resources. I have about 5-6 apps loaded, pictures, videos and music. no issues whatsoever. I got mine within a week of the original launch, running the most current software update.

5. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

I have had a 1st generation with 2.1 for over a year, as I can remember, I have only had lock up maybe twice...one of those times being my fault. What are you running when it locks??

6. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Hopefully a lot of bug fixes will come in 2.2

I think this is why it is taking some time for apple to push the next update out. Safari is definitely very buggy right now. It use to only crash on large websites, but now it crashes randomly on any website.

I also think we will see some interesting features in the next update.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Mines crashes a lot as well. But its been doing so.

8. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

I have fling,face melter,tap tap,cube runner,chopper,beatmaker,led football,papijump,tris,biiball,asphalt4,blockstouch,guitar,fs5 hockey,rsoccer09,touch4,iball3d,scoops,shooter,adrpoollite,meteor,pandora,remote,google earth,flick fishing,ibowl. I have 517 songs and 398 photos as well as 4 videos. I don't know if I metion this b4 but its a 16gb 2g . I had the same problems with my 1g so I know its not the hardware its the software I think.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My iPod touch 1G didn't crash that much. It crashed like once or twice when I had 2.0 firmware. I think if you restore your touch, it will stop. And if you jailbroken, that's probably why. All iPhones/iPod touchs are sluggish when they're jailbroken.