When will second hand online stores start selling the 15" Retina?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cicatrix, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I have a Barclay card that I planned on buying one of the new Macbook Pro's. I was hoping for a 13" Retina either Air, or Pro. But now it seems like it's going to have to be a 15" Retina. I guess I have to buy at Macmall, or B&H though so I won't have to pay sales tax. My Barclay card is only $2000.00, so close! If I were to buy from Apple I would be charged tax on $2100.00 which would be more like $2290.00
    How long am I going to have to wait for second hand online stores to get them in stock?

2. rockbird macrumors member

the starting price for the new MBP15 is 2199, so I don't think your credit card will work either way

3. macNewbie02 macrumors regular

How is it possible that Macmall and B&H don't charge taxes?

4. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

Because B&H is in NewYork, and I am in Phoenix. Since B&H has no physical stores in Phoenix no sales tax for me. And I would rather come up with 200 dollars cash to pay the difference more so than 350!

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Months.

6. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Live within in your means, this feature retina will be standard in a few years, buy your 13' and be happy, its still a NEW MBP, pros or people with money will be the ones buying the NEW NEXT GEN MBP, Don't break your back for it.

As for 13" MBP with retina most people new that would never happen, unless a BTO which would still be expensive.

7. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

Your words of wizdom, and practical thinking are killing me.:D

8. rockbird macrumors member

For a human being, it doesn't have too many "few years" to spend. Do what you love while you are still alive.

9. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

you know you can split up payments with apple.

10. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

I can see why people sell kidney for Apple products NOW! The retina MBP is not for normal people its priced in the higher range of previous MBP revision, Why anyone would want to go broke for a computer they will just use for Facebook,twitter etc is beyond me.

Pros will not hesitate to pay this price as it will enhance their work, Yes life is short according to some but doesn't mean you go into debt or drink water and plain bread daily to have an Apple product.

These features will trickle down in a few years and be the NORM on all models. Each to there own though.

11. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

yes your right on many accounts but without even knowing the first detail of my situation it is actually silly to assume that one would have to eat bread for months. people have complex lives. certain relations may cause a person to go about something that a stranger would have no idea why. as such is the case here. I have not disclosed all of the details because I do not need to. your response is far from within the scope of the initial question any way.

12. Blu-Ray macrumors regular

Amazon does not charge tax in my state (Colorado) and I have a 3% cashback card with them, so I may go that route instead of using the education discount.

I really want to know if the SSD is user-upgradeable on the new MBP before I buy though...

13. Cicatrix thread starter macrumors 6502

I would like to know about the sad as well. Actually, going with amazon would be good. probably will go that route myself.

14. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

When will Amazon start selling the new 15" Retina MacBook Pro?

It better be before August, thats when I am travelling to America:D